Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

gas card rewards

ccc23454

last year before my trip to Wyoming I tried to figure out if there was a gas rewards card that could help with my fuel costs. I found a couple that would shave a little per gallon but all had limit of $100 or 50 gallons etc. with nothing really found I headed out, that gas bill for my last trip was $1315!!!as of last fall all the big truck stops (usually cheapest gas along highway) have programs but are only for commercial accounts or diesel, I drive a Tundra (unleaded). anyone have anything that works?

More gas money saved=more doe antelope tags...lol

Chris

I sell fuel for a living and unfortunately you only save a little here and there, trying to find a discount that would be useful for a cross country adventure is a tall order.

Buying groceries at a Giant will help you with rewards at Shell locations. That said, what is the difference between using them for a local fill-up or one for a cross country trip?

Either way, hopefully some here will chime in with an idea or two, good luck!

The last two trips I have used the gass buddy app on my smart phone. We drive from Pa so the fuel is a big expense. Based on our truck I look to see what towns are at 400 mile intevels starting from home. Some states can be $0.25 -$0.30 more. You can zoom in on the interstate and follow it along and gas station icons will pop up with priced. It will also show you as a blue dot moving along. We have used it as a gps to find our way also. It works like a champ. The other thing we did last year was made a payment on my father in laws Cabelas card. We figured about $250 each in gas. There were 3 of us so we each chiped in $250 and he put it on his cabelas bill before we left . It also saves on prepaying in cash before you pump. Will will use the rewards to buy gear this year. We do the same thing with all our tags and prefrence pts . Just let them know you will be traveling with it ( like any card ) so they don 't shut it off thinking some stoll it .

Back