Family public land hog hunt

pdf11026

After volleyball games are done I'm taking three of our six with me on a public land hog hunt this weekend. Been several years since I've gone to this particular place and even then it was kinda spotty. Hopefully we'll bring home a hog or two or perhaps a coyote and the weather will be cooperative with highs below 100 degrees. Cell service is sketchy there but I'll post a few pics when we can.

Jryoung, we live in Alabama. We'll travel about an hour and a half south of home for this hunt to a WMA that is pretty much a big swamp. My daughter really wants to beat the boys on pig killing as she did with deer last fall. It'll be fun, pig or no pig!

album.php

//http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/album.php?albumid=648&pictureid=4983

No pigs seen today. Hunted the back edge of a field planted for doves that showed good sign but no luck. My kids had fun though. They are real troopers to be out in the 100 degree heat trying to kill hogs. My daughter took advantage of the dove field sunflowers..... Don't let that smile fool ya though, she's the red haired angel of death with that 7mm-08.

Am I the only one who can't see these hog whackers? No pics coming thru .
Keep those kiddos in the woods, and show us some hog hunt pics. Love that wild pork!

Dang guys. I'll try again and see if I can post them when I get home using the PC. New here and haven't gotten the pics down obviously.

Here is my daughter who decided to pick one of the sunflowers from the dove field..... She's all girl but she is serious about beating the boys at the hunting game!
picture.php

My youngest son walking a swamp road.
picture.php

Got the pics to post. We found lots of lots more hog sign on Monday but again no hog sightings or harvest. Could be because it was 97 degrees! However, if you are a dove hunter and live in Alabama, PM me as the mother of all dove fields has been located. Unfortunately, opening weekend for dove hunting is full of youth sports for us. Had a great time with my kids.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back