Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Big Fin Q&A on Bass Pro1Source

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Bass Pro Shops has a cool informational segment to their website called BassPro1Source. They were interested in a quick Q&A session, so here it is.

http://www.basspro1source.com/index...wberg-of-federal-premiums-fresh-tracks-series

Thinking I might want to get in deeper discussion of the topics that are relevant to our style of hunting. Interested what question(s) you would like to see answered in a future Q&A session.

I hope you will go to this segment and read this piece that is mostly an over view. If you, I would ask that you will give some thought about what topics make for a good Q&A question that we can go into more depth on, rather just an overview.

Thanks in advance for any comments you provide. And, if you want to leave an comments on the BPS1Source blog, that would be great. I suspect they are going to look at the engagement to determine if our audience follows where our content gets posted. Past history shows that you guys do a great job of engaging wherever our content pops up.

Nice write up. Noticed a typo on the 2nd paragraph of "what sets this season apart from others."

Opportunity exists for the traveling hunter to hunt elk ever year.

I'm assuming you meant every year.

Just ordered a muzzleloader scope from them a couple weeks ago, too bad this wasn't a few weeks earlier and I could have driven a link to a purchase for yo.

Excellent article, with lots of useful and important information. Do any of the other shows even mention the Land and Water Conservation Fund, or other habitat issues?

Flyover Country

For those of us who live a days drive (MN for me) or more from the western hunting states, I think it would be beneficial to discuss maximizing opportunities given the lack of terrain awareness. Finding time and money to scout is often difficult.

Tips on scouting using google maps, tag application strategies, maximizing time in the field, etc are greatly appreciated.

One topic my hunting partners and I have routinely kicked around is how to build our western hunting knowledge; do we target the same areas year after year to build knowledge or do we go where the tags take us and figure it out on the fly?

Thanks for all you do for those of us who take pride in doing it ourselves.

One topic my hunting partners and I have routinely kicked around is how to build our western hunting knowledge; do we target the same areas year after year to build knowledge or do we go where the tags take us and figure it out on the fly?

My solution to that is to try and find a draw area with antlerless tags, and hunt cow elk while building points.

Thanks Corax....based on the helpful feedback MinnesotaHunter and I have received through this forum, we are starting to approach things that way. Although we have been targeting WY for the last few years, we are going to set our sights on MT starting next year. Part of that decision was based on the ability to get tags more often than not.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back