Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk hunting in Idaho

ric

I have some room in my camp this fall, 2014. I am esp. looking for someone with a kid or 2 wanting to go on their first elk hunt, but am open to anyone who might be interested in an Idaho elk hunt this fall. Rifle season, classic wall tent camp. I am not a guide or an outfitter, just a guy with a nice camp, 45 years of elk hunting experience, and my kids are grown up and mostly gone, so my big family elk camp is a bit empty now days. E mail me if you'd like to talk. This is a good hunt for older people as the elevation is only 3000 to 5500 feet.

Hello ric. I think this is a very kind offer. Personally I'm covered this year for elk hunting, but I hope you find some kind and fun elk hunters to accept your offer. I love a big elk camp! Especially for the first week of the season. If I hear of anyone looking for a great place to hunt this year I will send them your way. Good luck friend!

great offer ric,,would be interested for next yr if available
youre welcome to come down to new zealand anytime,,we have great hunting

Great offer here that's going to give memories forever. I took two weeks off in Sept to take my son out west Elk hunting before he graduates and heads off to college. Looking at the seasons I'm a little early for this. I'm sure you will get someone to jump all over this.

Ric, I can't wait to see the pics and stories from this seasons Elk hunt. Be sure to give all the details of who you took and how it came about. Well done!

I am going on the hunt with Ric with my dad. Super excited to be going on my first elk hunt.

Take lots of pics and write down memory jogging notes when you can to help document the grand adventure. Good success wished for you gents.

I would like to take a minute and explain why I do this. As I said I have been elk hunting for a few years now and have built a camp that is as good as they come. My old hunting buddy has moved to Montana and my kids are grown and can't make it much anymore. So I am left with a camp and no one in it. I tried inviting a couple of locale friends a couple of years, but every one of them showed up the next year with their dads, kids, wives, uncles, cousins, friends and..........., set up camps and showed up in all my secret places. I will not invite anyone from Idaho, Washington, or Oregon to my camp for that reason. Who I am trying to reach are the poor guys, people that don't have the money to hire an outfitter, that have never hunted elk and want to learn the basics of elk hunting and setting a good western camp. I esp. want to see kids, and older folks, even slightly handicapped, fathers, sons, daughters those who never thought they would ever be able to do an elk hunt. I am not looking for someone who hunts all over the world or country with an outfitter and guide, these seem to be the main people attracted to my offer. What I would really like to do is offer an elk hunting "school" teaching the basics. The law won't let me do that so this is as close as I can get. I grew up in a non hunting family and had to teach myself, started with a sling shot killing rabbits and squirrels, even some quail and ducks. I have never nor will I ever be able to go on a "guided outfitted " hunt, can't afford it. And ideally, someone who will come back every year. So, just wanted to let you all know why I am doing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back