How shameful is this?

drahthaar

A thirty year old Tasco on a Sako. LOL. I just wanted to do some shooting. It's all I had for now. Gotta figure what scope to get for this rifle, cuz this ol thing isn't gonna cut it. I was laughing the whole time I was shooting today. I expected shots to start stringing all over the place, but it was holding pretty tight.

Maybe I should fill a tag with this setup.

You know, if you want to balance out that scope with a more fitting rifle I have an old Remington 742 that I could swap out with that Sako ................ just to help out, it would match up nicely with your Tasco.:D
I've seen quite a few nice rifles with Wal Mart clearance-sale scopes and occasionally the cheap rifle sporting some seriously nice glass.

I've killed a pile of game looking through that scope for sure. When your 12,13,14, and your dad doesn't hunt, but he tries to get you what you need, you sure don't complain. Heck I didn't know any better. Worked for years and years!

I bought a new K6 Dual X Reticle around '74 IIRC...it was just under a hundred bucks, which was crazy expensive at my payrate. Man was I ever proud of that thing....served me well on a Rem pump 30-06.

A thirty year old Tasco on a Sako. LOL. I just wanted to do some shooting. It's all I had for now. Gotta figure what scope to get for this rifle, cuz this ol thing isn't gonna cut it. I was laughing the whole time I was shooting today. I expected shots to start stringing all over the place, but it was holding pretty tight.

Maybe I should fill a tag with this setup.
My buddy has the same set-up!
His Tasco is only 20 years old but holds true on his Sako 75 .243
I used to have a Simmons on my Sako:eek:
But it also held zero, but was crap in failing light.
Cheers
Richard

Sweet setup! :D I'd have to think long and hard about filling a tag with it setup like that just because.

Sometimes you have to scratch the shooting itch and you mount a spare scope. I have a Pentax 3-9 that fills that niche.

I see a ton of good rifles for sale online with new Tasco, BSA, and NcStar scopes...so sad.

My dad had a cheap bushnel banner 4x on his remington 721 30-06 for probably 40 years and killed countless deer with it.

Those made in Japan Tascos were well made scopes. I have several in the old scope pile. Had a 2x7 on a 338 Winchester and shot hundreds of rounds through that gun and the scope never wavered, it is on an air rifle now still going strong.

In the "optics to be put on" discussions I will plug my new glass...the Vortex Viper HS in 4x16x44. Got it just before the seasons started this year on a used 110 I bought and LOVE the set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back