Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What is your hunting rig?

'94 Ranger XL, complete with a freakin' cassette player. 125K. It gets me to the woods & back and the bed is just long enough for me to bunk in, when needed.

Gunner, I had a '94 Ranger much like yours. Swapped out the cassette for CD player. When I let it go (to a friend desperate for wheels) it had 288K.

Now have a '04 Colorado that I would get rid of in a heartbeat except its paid for and runs.

Wow! In the first go around the truck I posted was in my ownership less than one year. I just sold it last summer. Best I can guesstimate it had about 400K on it.

Now I'm driving a '03 Avalanche.. Like the 4 full size doors and the weather resistant bed cover. Bought it at a price I couldn't turn down.

Well joining in, I use my ole reliable 86 Toyota Xtra cab 22RE engine with 359,924 miles (original engine). Have an extra fuel tank (total 31 gallons), Warn winch, lights, 235 15" tires and always have double cross link V-bar chains for all four wheels. It's not a beauty body wise as it's displaying plenty of rust!
Best part though it's a real work horse and has got me home safely through some deep snow combined with some really rugged wagon trails here in the high country of Western Colorado.

Hunting, work, vacation, dinner dates with Mrs Harley. '14 Dodge Ram 4x4.....had same in an '06 and a '10 prior to. Both serviceable vehicles w/ circa 100K when replaced.

My hunting rig

Decided to show my ole hunting rig which has a "Pinto" paint job with the black rust inhibiting paint covering the rust areas.

Attachments

• Ole reliable !.jpg
    Ole reliable !.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 996
A '97 dodge 1500 4x4 with 3 inch lift, 33 inch bfg mudders, auburn locker in rear, chains for all 4 wheels.
It has just over 200,000 miles on it now but still runs great.

2015 F250 super duty crew. 4,300 miles. I keep trucks a loooong time, so it may seem rich today, but it will still be hauling the mail in 10 years. My round trip to work is 14 miles so I barely put any wear on it.

I had the best of both worlds for awhile. A 1999 Chev Silverado with a 4 inch lift for getting into those hard to access areas, not worrying about a scratch or two, and also a 2007 Chevy Silverado with all the bells and whistles for my daily driver, traveling with family, etc. Then, last summer my son sunk my 1999 in a reservoir, now the 2007 has had to do double duty this year. The 99 is about halfway rehabilitated and hope to be hitting the hills with it again soon.

Attachments

• 2013-04-17_16-38-55_275.jpg
    2013-04-17_16-38-55_275.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 702
  • IMAG0908.jpg
    IMAG0908.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 695
  • IMAG1208.jpg
    IMAG1208.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 704
I have 2013 F150 crew cab with max tow and EcoBoost. Love it, most of the bells and whistles also! Also have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, it's the wifes, but I use it for smaller roads and fishing trips.

My favorite was my 1986 toyota pick up xtracab 22R I had 33 BFG mud terrains on it. That was the little truck that could! Sure do miss that little truck wish I never sold it. I let some punk kid talk me into selling it he promised he wouldn't beat on it. 6 months later it went to the junk yard....

1986 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. 350, turbo 400, locked up with aggressive tires and a full set of chains. Yep, you can put chains on it. No dvd, touch screens or sensors that sense other sensors. Gotta roll down the window yourself too. It's my hunting and firewood rig. It's tough and it's reliable. If it does break, parts are cheap and available everywhere. mtmuley 0201140935.jpg

My first time out with the new-to-me rig this year. I miss the big old stinky diesel, but this was a little more family friendly as a daily driver also.

Attachments

• IMG_16994752063651.jpeg
    IMG_16994752063651.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 624
I have a rotation, depending on where I'm going, what I'm hunting, etc.

This is my favorite. Had this truck for 10 years now, v6 5 speed, will go anywhere I need it to, has hot heat and no AC. Planning on doing some upgrades to this one soon..

This one is more to haul the family around than anything.. I do some hunting out of it though, when I need to haul more people with me.. It's got a Hemi!

I always take the wife's vehicle if I'm going more than a state or 2 away.. Best MPGs and most reliable. It does OK with the AWD, but lack of ground clearance keeps it off most low-maintenance roads.

And this one is still a work in progress (note, lack of bumpers and a few other odds and ends). Should be a lot of fun when it's done though.

When I got it:

Current state:

Back