Wyoming area 23

LivingThe Dream

I was thinking about applying for area 23 in Wyoming and I have 1 PP, I see that there is alot of BLM land in the upper northwest section of the area is that a good area. I'm not looking a huge buck but something that I can hang on the wall. What other areas would be good that has some nice public land to hunt.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've never hunted 23, but have heard the BLM can be tough hunting.. not great antelope country. Also, the big block south of Beaver Creek Road is not accessible. I think most guys that hunt 23 go the trespass fee route.

In any case, I wouldn't burn a point on it. 23 always has a ton of leftover tags.

Yeah if your gonna hunt 23 buy a leftover and have ranch access lined out should be able to call local game office and get some info on ranches. Lots of lope to be had won't have any problem finding them. BLM is limited access in lots of areas

23 takes a lot of work and boot leather to have a successful hunt on the limited accessible public land. There is no sense in wasting a PP on 23, as there are tons of tags left after the draw and usually throughout the season. I would suggest you listen to the others and not go to 23 unless you have a ranch locked up to hunt on and the G&F really isn't helping much on that any more because they lack up to date lists of ranchers.

23 takes a lot of work and boot leather to have a successful hunt on the limited accessible public land. There is no sense in wasting a PP on 23, as there are tons of tags left after the draw and usually throughout the season. I would suggest you listen to the others and not go to 23 unless you have a ranch locked up to hunt on and the G&F really isn't helping much on that any more because they lack up to date lists of ranchers.

This+++++++++

Have you contacted game anf fish, they are a lot more helpful than departments in the east. Topgun is right landowner lusts are nit accurate but with 1 pp you should have better options. Call the game department and tell them what you are thinking and I bet they will point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Call the Gillette chamber of commerce. They emailed me a landowner list in a couple minutes from when I called. The list was huge. When you call ranches from the list you should ask the ranchers if they know of any neighbors that might have openings. Unit 23 is pasture hunting but it is a great time. Good Luck!

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back