Any Sheds?

Wapiti23

I'm sitting here waiting for deer to start dropping their antlers and was curious if anyone is finding sheds yet?:hump:

The whitetail I saw this week in the Palouse have mostly dropped. Saw almost 200 deer this trip and only one big buck still packing but saw several that had already dropped.

Nice! A buddy of mine said he's got a buck on camera that lost one side so maybe this weekend when I go check the camera I'll see some half racks on there.

The whitetail in western Montana don't shed until April, so we've still got a wait ahead of us.

I saw on FB a friend of mine picked up a moose shed this week in Montana. Still pretty early for sheds. Time may be better spent hunting wolves right now.

I saw on FB a friend of mine picked up a moose shed this week in Montana. Still pretty early for sheds. Time may be better spent hunting wolves right now.
The big Bull Moose drop first. My brother had a late season bull tag years ago and hunted in Dec. down in the Big Hole. He had a heck of a time finding any bulls with antlers left. He had to shoot a mid 30's bull because he couldn't find any bulls with racks! For moose sheds a combo wolf and shed hunt might work pretty good right now. The wintering moose I have located are a long ways from the plowed end of the road though. I might have to break out the ATV with the tracks on it.

This guy must have dropped just prior to photo, mid December in east Idaho. Snowed a ton since then. Need to get out and have a look around.

Attachments

• IM000067.jpg
    IM000067.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,357
Most of the deer in N central Idaho have dropped. Moose are dropping. Antler buyers are crawling all over the place now, and folks are finding them.

I spent several hours looking today and came up empty. I did see a bull moose with his antlers still firmly attached to his head. Followed a moose trail after finding a few drops of blood in the snow... nada.

I've got two moose sheds and one whitey shed so far. The moose was dumb luck. I was out hiking with my dog and they were laying about 10 feet from the trail I was on. The whitetail was found in a haystack while feeding cows.

Im o for 3 so far. Short walks on my lunch break. Feb 15 has always been my lucky time on the whitetail sheds. Although I find a few in January. Anyone been seeing bucks that have droppes or one horners?

I'm 0 for 4. I did find a deer face peaking out of the snow.

20150125_101914.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back