Caribou Gear

Duck hunting Louisiana 2014

I make oil, welcome to Hunt Talk. Thanks for sharing your duck hunting situation. Looks like a bunch of fun. My wife and I fished for black drum out of Houma a few years ago. Loved the country and we are trying to get back.

Awesome pics. Not to highjack your thread, but here's a video I put together of our duck season south of Houma two years ago (the audio got screwed up some thanks to YouTube copyright stuff). We go every year.

Sounds like we might have to put together a louisiana hunttalk meetup soon!

http://youtu.be/to4_DmGaL0A

Sounds like you got it figured out, I am up in Shreveport and the Ducks (Or I should say the areas we hunt are not producing) are not here like last year. Having hunted Ducks a lot in my 20s I remember off years like this. I too would love to do a Speck Hunt. Love the pictures! John

My 16 year old son Hunter went yesterday and is out right now with his Older cousin. This is his first year hunting on his own and he's doing pretty well. I'll post up any pics he sends me. I'll be after them myself once I get home from work till the end of the season.

Duck hunting is something I really enjoy due to the opportunity it allows for fellowship while hunting that i miss while deer hunting. I think it would be fun to get together a group for next season or for possibly an after season conservation goose hunt.

My son took his cousins and uncle the day before Christmas. One of my Nephews went over his waders. Overall they had a good trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 137
Well the good news was he is in Louisiana and not up North. I had a buddy go in last year in Kansas during this time of year on a river full of ice.

What part of Africa are you in?

Duck hunting is something I really enjoy due to the opportunity it allows for fellowship while hunting that i miss while deer hunting.

I like my solitude, and spend a lot of time alone tromping the hills. However, the comraderie of a duck blind is absolutely priceless. Some of my best laughs have come in the blind, both at my own expense and the expense of others. One hard and fast rule I've learned is ALWAYS check your gun if you leave the blind to pee.....:D

I'm in Nigeria right on the Cameroon, EG border.

Here are a few more pics from my son. He likes to rub it in some while I'm at work. His still on Christmas break.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 106
I always tell him to take lots of pictures. It's difficult to make a young person understand the importance of documenting these times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Lil va kill from the weekend, nothing like your son has gotten. Bluebill, ringneck, bufflehead, and goose

Attachments

• 20141227_203504.jpg
    20141227_203504.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 94
A Canadian would be awesome. I've never seen any where we hunt. We get Specks, Snows and Blues. Mostly Specks.

Life is good. I'm so thankful we live in a country where we are able to experience the outdoors the way we do. I've had colleagues ask me why we like to shoot animals. Why can't we just take pictures of them. I try to explain that it is an entirely different experience. When you go out with a camera in your hands your a spectator. When you are hunting you are a participant, a part of the cycle of life. It's spiritual to me. I never feel closer to God than when I'm in the outdoors with a weapon in my hands.

My 16 year old son Hunter went yesterday and is out right now with his Older cousin. This is his first year hunting on his own and he's doing pretty well. I'll post up any pics he sends me. I'll be after them myself once I get home from work till the end of the season.

Duck hunting is something I really enjoy due to the opportunity it allows for fellowship while hunting that i miss while deer hunting. I think it would be fun to get together a group for next season or for possibly an after season conservation goose hunt.

I'd be down for a conservation goose hunt :D

I'll put out some feelers on prices and availability. These types of hunts are put on in rice fields and require a huge spread. Only way to really do these is guided. It's not too expensive and when there are birds you can shoot till your sick of pulling the trigger.

It looks like my hopes for a group hunt are not going to happen. The Outfitter I would use does not what to commit to any dates. He only wants to do the hunts on a stand by status. He says the birds are tough to pattern that time of the year in his area. He advised making a Hunt in Missouri or Arkansas. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back