Great Lakes wolves back on endangered species list

" Geez! You would think these geniuses from these bleeding heart organizations would see the major social issues in their inner core cities and put the money and concern to where it's needed !!!"

Boy that is spot on!

WOW!!! As a WI resident I had heard nothing about this!! And like many others have said TOTAL BS!! I live and hunt in Central WI and the wolves are just starting to show up on our farm. However, 15 miles north they are THICK!!! Have a friend who has more wolf pics than deer. I hope that the new congress fixes this otherwise I know a lot of hunters and landowners that will be implementing the 3S's and will fix the problem themselves.

WOW!!! As a WI resident I had heard nothing about this!! And like many others have said TOTAL BS!! I live and hunt in Central WI and the wolves are just starting to show up on our farm. However, 15 miles north they are THICK!!! Have a friend who has more wolf pics than deer. I hope that the new congress fixes this otherwise I know a lot of hunters and landowners that will be implementing the 3S's and will fix the problem themselves.

That is exactly what's going to happen with people getting so upset at these rulings that are all social and political in nature. There could be more killed because of rulings like this than if they just let proper management under the state jurisdictions take place. The GWs and Feds are going to end up looking the other way when someone calls in a suspected illegal killing of one if these kinds of idiot rulings keep coming out.

I am not a member of the 3S group by any means I just know the mentality of people where the wolves are and I know it will happen.

Turn them in...wildlife violations and taking the law into your own hands is a sure loser.

Plus, most people have a real problem with the 3rd S...isn't long before some six fingered banjo picker shoots his mouth, and hunting and hunters are taking it on the chin because someone had to play vigilante.

We do battle in courtrooms these days...sad, but its reality.

Best thing to do is put your efforts where it counts.

I agree with you 100% Buzz I was going to say that them taking the law into their own hands is only going to give the bleeding hearts more ammo to fight us legal/moral/ethically sound hunters.

Most of the people I know who have problems with these wolves are ones to complain but take no action the legal way. I have said countless times to people I wish you all could see the fight in people "out west" and how when there is an issue they come out in numbers fighting for what they want with the animals.

HSUS, CBD, etc... they will never stop. Ever.

Fish and Wildlife Service spokesman Gavin Shire said the agency was disappointed and would confer with the U.S. Department of Justice and the states about whether to appeal.

"The science clearly shows that wolves are recovered in the Great Lakes region, and we believe the Great Lakes states have clearly demonstrated their ability to effectively manage their wolf populations," Shire said. "This is a significant step backward."
Science be damned.

Before you shoot you have to yell "It's coming right for us!" :D

I live right in the heart of the UP of Michigan. Whitetail deer hunting is a bigger holiday than Christmas. I can tell you in the last few years the number of wolves have exploded. Where we used to see deer you don't even come across a track. But wolf tracks are all over. The sad thing is the woods are so thick even when they had a season last year to take 20 wolves, they didn't even fill those tags due to the difficulty in hunting them here. Whitetail deer hunting is done in the UP and it makes me sick!

I echo what Hoss said, only I hunt in NW MN. We hunt about 800 acres of prime northwoods, swamp, and farm land. Our group of 8 used to fill our tags every year and see deer like you wouldn't believe. This year, we shot one deer and one wolf, and saw more wolf sign than deer sign. Just sad to see it come to this. Yes, the brutal winters have affected the populations, but the wolves have just intensified the die-off. I honestly don't even get excited for it anymore. I've got 2 young boys that I hope to get into hunting in a few years and I know it's gonna be tough to get them excited sitting in the cold seeing nothing. That's when this really pisses me off, when some judge out in DC impacts what are supposed to be tradition and memories for my kids someday all because they like the "idea" of having wolves running around, but have no idea the trickle-down affect. Maybe I'll just have them sit and play video games and they can YouTube deer hunts, that's what this libtard infested world seems to be coming too, makes me sick.

This ruling will do a horrible disservice to the states involved and the wildlife they are trying to manage. Continuing to allow an apex predator to go unchecked will eventually destroy a large portion of the prey resources. Minnesota this year went to many one deer only areas and has discontinued the moose hunts due to dwindling populations.
The fact that specialty groups can get judges in their back pockets is a disgrace to our legal system and hopefully the system of checks and balances will prevailed. In the mean time the deer, moose and livestock and sportsmen will suffer!!!

I am not sure who this reporter is with the Madison, WI newspaper, but he has hit the bullseye with his last three paragraphs in this article.

http://host.madison.com/sports/recr...cle_644899bb-c41a-5d24-ab59-0bc5cc281052.html

.......Some might call that an end-around, but others say it’s simply Congress’ way of clarifying what it originally intended when creating the ESA in 1973: to restore endangered populations and return their management to individual states.

Of course, if Congress must again go to such troubles to legalize reality, let’s hope they stop there. Otherwise, instead of celebrating the wolf’s recovery from near-extinction in the Western Great Lakes, we might be discussing whether Howell’s ruling triggered the gutting of the Endangered Species Act itself.

No animal besides the wolf could inspire such an emotional, yet realistic, possibility.

Regardless of your thoughts on wolves and the Endangered Species Act (ESA), judges making contradictory rulings that fly in the face of reality and common sense are making a very compelling case for reform of the ESA and the Equal Access to Justice Act (EAJA), the law that serial litigators use to get paid to sue the Federal government on these ESA issues. When common sense becomes so far removed from the discussion, the people will respond. This reporter has hit the bullseye when he comments that this endless litigation and absurd court decisions could have much further reach than just the wolf issue, rather then entire Endangered Species Act litigation business model that litigators use to abuse this system.

Anyone doubting the people's frustration when it comes to these issues needs to look back four years, when the serial litigators continued abusing the citizens of Montana and Idaho as it relates to the wolf management promises made to those states. End result - Congress intervened and by law, upheld the USFWS decision to hand management control to Montana and Idaho. I can be counted as one of those who has long since lost tolerance for this "ESA litigation business model." Not that I ever had any tolerance for such abuse and insanity. Time for some reform.

Congress is changing in December (well, the more it changes, the more it stays the same), and I suspect the ridiculous level of over reach by these ESA litigators is a ripe topic for a new Congress. This abusive behavior by the litigators and the lack of common sense by judges could result in lasting impacts to the future of all ESA issues, not just wolves. I will be contacting my Congressional delegation and making requests that these abuses be stopped. Congress passed these laws that have become the tools of abuse by the litigators. Congress can reform these laws and get us back to the original intent.

The parasitic behavior these litigators use to abuse the intended purpose of the EAJA (actually a good law when used as originally intended) is going to make that law another victim of the irresponsible "franchise model of litigation" employed by these fringe groups. Expect a lot of screaming and yelling from the groups who have built their financial empires around these schemes. But, they would mistake me for someone who cares about their financial woes. To them, wolves are not a canine, rather a bovine - Cash Cow. I'm over it.

Dear Senator .............

Turn them in...wildlife violations and taking the law into your own hands is a sure loser.

Plus, most people have a real problem with the 3rd S...isn't long before some six fingered banjo picker shoots his mouth, and hunting and hunters are taking it on the chin because someone had to play vigilante.

We do battle in courtrooms these days...sad, but its reality.

Best thing to do is put your efforts where it counts.

/\ /\ this!

Although there are really 4 s's.

See
Shoot
Shovel and
Shut up.

Most have trouble with #1 and #4. They all claim the will shoot every one they see but most never see one to shoot, shovel then shut up.

I have to be honest, since wolves have been delisted in Montana I have shot every single one I have seen-every single one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back