Finally

mixedbag

Took me years to find someone to do a fly in diy moose hunt in Alaska.I'll be entering the draws for the lake we plan to hunt.This hunt has been on my bucketlist since I started hunting 31 years ago.Draw odds have been 100% in unit we are applying.so I'll keep my fingers crossed they remain that way this year.The lake we are getting flown into was given to us by a hunter that no longer goes moose hunting.The pics of his bulls are just amazing and pushing 70".Its going to be a LONG wait till Sept.Just had to post cause I'm excited and just got done buying my Ak hunting license so I can enter the draw.If for some reason I don't draw,it'll be back to POW for some blacktails again.I may even do that hunt anyway in early August.I always have a blast in Alaska and its been curing my elk addiction

Good luck! I'm sure you'll keep us updated. I would LOVE to do that hunt. Very jealous of you.

I hope you get a shot, Scott. One of these days I'd like to at least visit Alaska

Good luck Scott!
I don't know who you are hunting with but they are lucky to have paired with you. I hope you are able to get a bull worthy of your dreams.
I still have a bunch of pics you might like some copies of, where would you like them sent? I can put them on a disk for you-there are some beautiful pics of POW. Send me a PM.

Good luck. Looking forward to the story and pics.

Who will you use to drop you off? I'm researching air taxis and moose drop hunts for either next year of 2016 and was hoping to come up with a list of those others have had good results with.

Thank you,
Eddie

I can't give you that imfo right now.The guy asked us not to talk about it.Nick, I sent you a pm.Any interest on getting back up in the alpine first week of august for those blacktails that kicked our butts.I want to go again but have the right time of year in our favor this go round
Eddie, I'll try and get you imfo after my hunt.Lets just say its not the guys main source of income and doesn't want his name out all over the net and be turning a bunch of guys away

Good luck Scott! I'll be chasing caribou again next year, going with a guy from Iowa. I'll be working moose back into the hunt rotation in 2-3 years.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back