Countin' down

trailtraker

Just hours away from take-off and the pig hunt has been on my mind for several hours; geeze it's been 9 months since my last pig hunt. My hunting pard is equally stoked we're heading to Centeral Cali, lodge on the slope at midnight for a sunrise start. Should be good conditions. I'll let whoever is following this thread of the outcome. Hapy trails.

hunted hard

well, well wishers-no luck.
it was a one night sleep over ,one day burner,700 miles round trip journey and adventure-priceless. Little to no garuntees for a couple of DIY public land types. our first stop (plan A) we covered alot of ground fast; looking to cut sign over old 2-track roads. We saw 4 does, 1 bobcat and 2 covey of quails but no pig sign visually or otherwise. After 5 hours we went to plan B an hour and half drive eastward.We arrived with little time to spare and after a vigerous hike up canyon we arrived, split up and cut sign. After three finger-crossing hours we got the message.... they're bedded and evening hour was fast approaching. Dan and i were at opposite ends of the area so individually persuing pigs in the undergrowth was not logical at that time. We met up at the agreed time for the long walk out the canyon and the 5 hour trip home. The least I can and will do for those that followed my story is post some pictures; just give me some time to figure out how to do so from my smart phone. Happy hunting.

DIY/Public Land

019.jpg

024.jpg

O.K fellows, here are the pictures that show the potential of the area i hunt. Hunting public in Cali is a tough proposition for expert piggers and harder for piggers such as me with only 4 years piging.

Good looking hogs. I used to hunt a ranch out of paso de Robles that bordered parts of the hurst ranch , was great times up there chasing hogs and bucks.

Thanks fellows....google scouting+maps my next public diy, the hunts usually go like this: several times out = a pig or maybe 2; not complaining, it just never ceases to amaze me the amount of work that goes into a pig,good thing i enjoy piggin' and the adventure that goes with the hunt. So i am just sharing my amazements...LOL-later.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back