nz red stag hunt

kiwi hunter

last week a danish visitor put out a sos to be able to tag along on a hunt,,seeing as i and a friend were about to go out for a couple of days we issued an invite,,the result a very very happy dane
thar next

Last edited:
Nice stag!
The Danes do love their hunting, one of my friends is a regular visitor hunting with me, although he now lives in the adjacent county.
When do they shed the velvet?
Cheers
Richard

You keep putting up stories and pictures, pretty soon there's going to be a near middle-aged man from eastern North Dakota putting out the SOS to tag along. Well done!

That's an awesome trophy. I'd love to visit your country one day.

Is his gun barrel spray painted red?

to answer some questions
devon deer,,they shed in sept,,the old fellas first,,and this one is very early

glass eye,,ive got a place for the roar for your,,just name the year,,bed here for ya

lch,,thats my rifle and ive just put a bit of nail polish on to try out an effect,,black for death and red for blood

Kiwi hunter
Keep it up!
Love your pics!
Just bought tickets for May 14 with my son for graduatiation!
CANT WAIT!
Let the planning begin
Glass eye. Maybe we'll see you there!

Nice one Kiwi Hunter. Looks like I was a couple of weeks too early for my trip :)

Devon Deer, they shed the velvet Jan - Feb.

Live free or die, are you hunting tahr or deer in May? If you need any info, just ask.

Nice one Kiwi Hunter. Looks like I was a couple of weeks too early for my trip :)

Devon Deer, they shed the velvet Jan - Feb.

Live free or die, are you hunting tahr or deer in May? If you need any info, just ask.

thanks kiwi,,didnt read the question right
yes they shed the velvet jan/feb

live free or die..........what's on your menu ?.........North Is. or South Is. ? Tahr or Reds ?

I leave LAX on May 12 and arrive Christchurch 14th in the morning. Depart on 27th.
Plan on hunting the Westcoast for tahr but that depends on the weather. Obviously I'll take a red if the opportunity presents itself.
A friend is supposed to go with me but he still hasn't bought his tickets yet. So I'm preparing to go it alone because I don't believe anybody that doesn't have a ticket in hand.
Are you going for big game only or are you going to hunt waterfowl too ?

Glass Eye
My plan is hopefully Tahr,chamois and like you red if it works. I have a friend at DOC who is a big waterfowl guy, so probably a day or two with him Canterbury way. Also have a mate in Teano I would love to see if time allows. I'm sure my son would be game for whatever, and at 22 more fit than me. Thinking about east coast, west coast then south land. Have 4 weeks.

Back