Throwback Thursday

Another Thursday, another throwback.

Maternal Grandmother, somewhere around Moore, MT. Has to be the 1950's.

Attachments

• Grandma Kramer & Her Deer.jpg
    Grandma Kramer & Her Deer.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 890
Mom, sometime in the mid-70's barrel racing "Purple Jeep" with a brodie knob.

purplejeep.jpg

Another Thursday, another throwback.

Maternal Grandmother, somewhere around Moore, MT. Has to be the 1950's.

They sure knew how to hall animals back then! Nobody cared if your vehicle was covered in blood or scratches!!! They were hero marks back then! :D Chicks used to dig scars, now your ugly if you have a scar!!! HAHAHAHA

According to my aunts, Grandma used to hunt exclusively in skirts. Story behind that buck was that she plugged it solid, but Grandpa didn't believe her so he grabbed the rifle and shot again, knocking the antler off. She just laughed.

According to my aunts, Grandma used to hunt exclusively in skirts. Story behind that buck was that she plugged it solid, but Grandpa didn't believe her so he grabbed the rifle and shot again, knocking the antler off. She just laughed.

Our country doesn't make that kinda of woman very often anymore!

It is Thursday, right?

Found this picture of myself (tall good-looking one), my 2 best friends (now for 33 years) and their pawpaw after a morning in the squirrel woods on pawpaw's farm...
I'm thinking around '84???

Things were much simpler then...

PAPA00~1.JPG

Last edited:
Funny story about this trip. One day, Dan and I hiked over to a nearby lake to fish. We ran into a guy, and talked to him a while. After the guy left, my brother say's, "man, did you smell that guy's breath?" I said no, and then got a wiff of a really foul smell. We both looked over and saw that our dog Abbey, just rolled in a dead golden trout.

Back at camp, we threw Abbey into the lake, and she didn't get to sleep in the tent for the rest of the trip. Worst smell I have ever come across in my life, hands down.

Weak Sauce compared to the old-timers in the room :D , but I have trouble finding anything further back than this.

Montana,1999. Hemp necklace days.

Attachments

• Deer.JPG
    Deer.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 661
imgpop006.jpg

You had to lure em into your trunk in the early 80's. That was my first spot and stalk whitetail with a bow an old Ben Pearson Shadow 600.

Good stuff there guys...

I'll play. 8-9 years old, my first deep sea fishing trip, circa 1967ish. Yeah - we caught em - I was hooked. Grandpa Kroll was an avid saltwater fisherman and photographer.
cb_grandpakroll1.jpg

Turns out Grandpa had a significant influence on me. Who'd a thought that I eventually would return to San Diego (1989 below), get my 100 ton license and actually run those boats for a few years he used to love to fish, as well as being into photography to this day. Thanks Grandpa.
scan156.jpg

No hero shot, just a school photo I found in my Mom's piano bench from 65 years ago. I was a cute little sucker, huh? Now I can see why some of the kids called me "big head".

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 567
My Dad and pilot Al Holderbecker showing the spoils of a weekend of hunting fox on the western Minnesota prairie from the air!
885063_10200578772769978_1587812674_o.jpg

2145_1080850430171_8983_n.jpg

Back in the '80s kids in CA could still use period muzzleloaders, and swords as part of the history field trip to Fort Ross. The last Russian outpost in CA.

..bump for posterity.

Since JR rightly pointed out my transgression earlier:

Paternal Grandfather (on the left), 1945 somewhere in Germany with some buddies and a Chamois. Occupation must have been slow after charging across Europe with Patton.

Attachments

• Grandpa Hunting 001.jpg
    Grandpa Hunting 001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 477
  • Grandpa Hunting 002.jpg
    Grandpa Hunting 002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 453

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member