WY HB126 and HB142

BuzzH

The craziness in Cheyenne is ramping up again.

Yesterday was a blur with phone calls and emails to deal with these 2 bills.

The two bills in question on the public lands transfer, HB126 and HB142, are being dealt with in the most ferocious manner I've ever seen from the conservation community.

I received action alerts from 7 different sources yesterday and apparently the message in Cheyenne is being heard loud and clear...public lands need to stay in public hands.

I have NEVER seen this level of action taken so swiftly on this issue in Wyoming with such broad support across the Conservation/hunting/angling community...have to say, it makes me happy.

If anyone is so inclined, keep the pressure on.

Wyoming BHA Members -

We need your help ASAP to help stop two public land seizure bills from being introduced in the Wyoming legislature tomorrow. Please take a minute to call your legislator at (307) 777-7852 and urge them to vote "no" on HB 126 and HB 142.

House Bill 126 would waste $100,000 taxpayer dollars on yet another state study of the management of your public lands. Rather than creating real solutions, this bill would unconstitutionally assert state land commission authority over federal land management decisions, all under the guise of improving public access.

House Bill 142 blatantly opens the door for a large-scale public land sell-off and/or transfer, leading to a loss of public hunting, fishing and recreation opportunity for all. This bill is unconstitutional and would be devastating for the American sportsman.

Please call your elected officials today at (307) 777-7852.

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is the sportsmen's voice
for our wild public lands, waters and wildlife.

When you have them by the throat, don't let go. Until the last breath of life is squeezed from this "bought and paid for" ideology, the public lands are still at risk.

Great job by the Wyoming folks. When the bastards gasp for air, squeeze harder.

Where do these bills go from here? Or what is their status after today?

Where do these bills go from here? Or what is their status after today?

Bills have to pass 2/3 vote to get introduced (budget session).

Cut off for introduction is today at 5 PM.

Rumors circulating that a pretty strong message was sent and that neither will make the cut...

Bills have to pass 2/3 vote to get introduced (budget session).

Cut off for introduction is today at 5 PM.

Rumors circulating that a pretty strong message was sent and that neither will make the cut...

Let's hope they both die today! Sounds like they should. I've continued contacting my state reps in Utah, but when your trying to convince Rob Bishop and Ken Ivory along with many other of the cronies in my state it feels like a losing cause.

HB 126 failed 52-7.

HB 142 didn't make the cut off line and apparently was the House Leaders way to send a message to the bill sponsor...

Kicked ass on these two and big thanks to all the groups for the action alerts and also those that took the time to send their Legislators emails, calls, etc.

NICE!!!

When people were calling the switchboard, the people answering the phones were saying, "Let me guess, you want to know about 126 and 142 and you're opposed"...

Have to like that.

Proof of what impact a bunch of pissed off hunters can have. Applause for the folks in Wyoming.

HB 126 failed 52-7.

HB 142 didn't make the cut off line and apparently was the House Leaders way to send a message to the bill sponsor...

Kicked ass on these two and big thanks to all the groups for the action alerts and also those that took the time to send their Legislators emails, calls, etc.

NICE!!!

Thanks for kicking ass Buzz! Keep fighting the good fight!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back