PEAX Equipment

Ashland, MT

Some of the people you will be working have spent years on the Custer and know it well.
The trout fishing under the dam is hit and miss. If you miss you will think there is not a trout in the river, if you hit it is as good as it gets.
Eighty six percent of the Custer is within one mile of a forest approved road. If you count roads that are on private land next to the forest and roads that are not open but people still sneak on, that 86 % is likely closer to 92 - 95 %. It is hard to get very far form the roads and with so little road less ground it doesn't take may walkers for the road less places to get crowded
Hope you have a good time during your stay. Plenty of outdoor opportunities. Just don't expect high class accommodations.

Yah after looking over the mvu map I can see the few areas with out roads will get crowded quickly if there's much hunting pressure. Which is fine. If it doesn't pan out like I want I'll take my week of leave and head for the south central part of the state where I've had great success the last few seasons. Ill be trying to find some access to private lands but I'm not going to hold my breath on that

It would be worth your time to get to know the public land and land owners around Ekalaka if a big buck is on your agenda of things to do...

I've heard that a few miles below the dam that you can run into some good smallmouth bass fishing. I've always wanted to try and catch some on my flyrod. I have fished it below the dam caught a few Browns. I think it would be a great river to float and strip some streamers off the banks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back