MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

I enjoyed the photos, but I can't seem to post any pics of my own on this site. I get a message saying the site won't accept my file size, as it's 4000x3000, and that's too big. What gives?

Man, lots of big bulls. Apparently it's common for everyone to shoot big 6x6's....???

Here is mine from last fall. DIY Wilderness hunt in New Mexico. Walked in 5.5 miles and dropped this little guy 7.5 miles from the truck. Made it out without any meat spoilage. OH yeah it was the muzzleloader season. Followed a brute of a bull for 2 miles and this one was with the herd. When we got in the thick stuff, this guy came running to the call. One shot at 30 yards. Can't wait to do it again. IMG_2546.jpg

Last edited:
elk 1.jpg

My first elk, got him last season (2015), archery on public ground, DIY Wyoming. Forever hooked!

While waiting for confirmation on my application to this site I had a chance to thumb through this thread and check out all of the great elk.
While I am "relatively" new to elk hunting, with just 3 hunts in the last 4 seasons, I have had some success hunting Idaho OTC DIY with archery equipment and I AM HOOKED!
My first experience was in 2012 and I missed a 300"+ 5x5 when I misjudged the difference because I was shaking to much to hold my rangefinder still. That moment in time is seared in my psyche.
I missed 2013 because I drew a southern Iowa deer tag, but I returned in 2014 and killed this bull 4 hours in to the hunt on the first evening. I was very pleased with my first ever elk.

ID 14 Ts bull 3.jpg

Last edited:
This is my 2015 Idaho bull killed in the same unit as the one above.
I killed him on the 5th day of our 9 day hunt at 14 yards.
2015 Idaho T and bull.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back