Our 81st wolf

SteveE
It is pretty unbelievable how ignorant some of these folks in Missoula are. I bet most of the people who can't or won't identify the critter in the picture as a wolf will claim they are "animal lovers" and wolf defenders. I think we discussed in another thread, last year, about people denying wolves were hanging this close to town.

Interesting that there is BB shot in the tail. Anymore wolf tags filled this year by anyone?

Looks to me like the FWP better get a shoulder season up and running on Jumbo to control that elk herd....

Looks to me like the FWP better get a shoulder season up and running on Jumbo to control that elk herd....

Social tolerance from the landowners is much higher up there on Mt. Jumbo... At least till the shrubbery starts to get eaten.

Yeah... I've also been pretty surprised at the blowback of having those wolves on Jumbo.

One side is freaking out and setting up trap all over that side of the valley before our toddlers start getting gobbled up, while the other side is completely denying they're wolves.

It's really not a big deal. We have wolves, they eat elk, they'll eat some of those elk. Life will go on. Those two wolves are causing ten times the ruckus the couple dozen bears in town this fall did.

Not sure how people can live right in the epicenter of the wolf reintroduction, and be so out of touch with their existence.

Yeah... I've also been pretty surprised at the blowback of having those wolves on Jumbo.

One side is freaking out and setting up trap all over that side of the valley before our toddlers start getting gobbled up, while the other side is completely denying they're wolves.

It's really not a big deal. We have wolves, they eat elk, they'll eat some of those elk. Life will go on. Those two wolves are causing ten times the ruckus the couple dozen bears in town this fall did.

Not sure how people can live right in the epicenter of the wolf reintroduction, and be so out of touch with their existence.

#Minivanmafia

Hmmm. Good drill for when a wolf really shows up I guess. Bet a lot of folks up in arms about this possible sighting are completely at ease with wolves as long as they are in "the wilderness". mtmuley

Thanks Randy. That I believe. The coyote theory didn't hold with me.
Sorry to stray the thread but I found it comical some locals just couldn't believe a wolf would be so "close"
hunt4life should share a coffee and a couple photos with them.

Outstanding trophy hunt4life! Thank you for sharing and Congratulations!!

I encourage everyone who loves big game hunting to not stop now. Wolf season runs till march 15th. The future of our elk and deer herds is far more important than a football game, and you will feel much better hunting the second foremost apex predator than watching "your" team lose another game.

Nice wolf. In addition to killing some predators, I'd suggest giving a hard forearm to the throat of any one of your pals that kills an elk during a "shoulder" season. Maybe find a few landowners that are whimpering about wintering elk/deer and smash them repeatedly upside the head with a big roll of woven wire while telling him to grow a pair. I also suggest to apply for and buy every elk and mule deer B-tag you can, along with your entire family - and use them for the fuses of precision Molotov cocktails for use in Helena.

The Super Bowl had puppy monkey baby" Missoula has "coyote wolf dog"

"Hard forearm to the throat"

Classic :)

Last edited:
Well, I guess they have found actual domestic dog tracks on Mt. Jumbo, so end of that. Who would have thought? Dog tracks around a Missoula hiking trail!

Everyone should read 'The Real Wolf' by Ted Lyon & Will Graves. Available thru wwwfarcountrypress.com Factual, scientific, researchched evidence of the sham thrust into american culture. NO way or have this breed of wolf ever been threatened. Somehow american/USA citizens are so concieted to believe if it doesn't exist in our borders, it must be extinct. Well the environmentalists have managed to destroy the original plains wolf with this northern rocky grey wolf & destroyed the bloodline of the only pure mexican Red Wolf remaining. Purely to meet their own agenda & on the dime of USA taxpayers..... a must read!!

Thanks cascadehunter. I have read that book a couple of times. It really gave me a new perspective of the ignorance of most pro wolf reintroduction people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back