Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Rest

I was just going to suggest one of these as this is what I use, IMO it's the best rest there is. All the other ones just allow the arrow to "clanck" around.

I was a diehard WB fan until i wore out about the 3rd set of whiskers, my rest was one of the 1st WB out and they're aren't replacement whiskers any more for it. I made the switch to the ripcord ACE. Unreal difference. The amount of speed I gained going to a drop away was significant.

There is a reason that Ripcord is a supporter of this site and the public land hunter. They make the best rest around, right in Dillon, MT, and they are a bunch of serious hunters who abuse their archery gear more than I do. Knowing them and how they design products, I'm confident in saying that it is the best arrow rest on the market. If you somehow manage to break it, very unlikely, you will have the best customer service in the industry.

I was a diehard WB fan until i wore out about the 3rd set of whiskers, my rest was one of the 1st WB out and they're aren't replacement whiskers any more for it. I made the switch to the ripcord ACE. Unreal difference. The amount of speed I gained going to a drop away was significant.

It's interesting, I guess I don't shoot enough as I have never even worn out the original set. I figure mine is 4 years old.

There is a reason that Ripcord is a supporter of this site and the public land hunter. They make the best rest around, right in Dillon, MT, and they are a bunch of serious hunters who abuse their archery gear more than I do. Knowing them and how they design products, I'm confident in saying that it is the best arrow rest on the market. If you somehow manage to break it, very unlikely, you will have the best customer service in the industry.

I can vouch for their customer service, Long story short, I ended up in a mini rock slide, broke the launcher and the containment arm on the ACE.

I emailed them, told them I broke it and I wanted to purchase some parts. 3 days later I had the parts at my door and I didn't pay a penny, They even took care of the shipping.

It's interesting, I guess I don't shoot enough as I have never even worn out the original set. I figure mine is 4 years old.

I shoot daily, at least a few arrows. I think mine was about 15ish years old when i replaced it last year. I'd had it on 5 different bows.

If yours is 4 years old you have a new style one that parts are available for, IIRCC.

Love the Ripcord Ace. I've also used the Vapor Trail Limbdriver Pro V which was a good rest too. As much as I can I try to support MT companies. For me that's Black Gold, Tight Spot and Ripcord.

I maybe old school and hunt a lot on the ground. But, I will only use a whisker biscuit. It is the most reliable rest out there. If one breaks down, I just replace the biscuit without any tuning. If you're on a spot 'n' stalk you don't need to worry about that arrow bouncing around

I had issues with whisker biscuits tearing vanes off when I went to a helical. The guy at the bow shop told me they weren't meant for a helical fletch, so that's when I went to a drop away. I've had improved accuracy at longer distances with a drop away rest and you don't get that shwooshing noise like you get when your fletches hit the WB either. My QAD still holds the arrow in full contain when on a stalk, so the WB doesn't have a benefit there either.

Last edited:
I had issues with whisker biscuits tearing vanes off when I went to a helical. The guy at the bow shop told me they weren't meant for a helical fletch, so that's when I went to a drop away. I've had improved accuracy at longer distances with a drop away rest and you don't get that shwooshing noise like you get when your fletches hit the WB either. My QAD still holds the arrow in full contain when on a stalk, so the WB doesn't have a benefit there either.

I had forgot how hard the WB was on helical fletched arrrows. The ACE is also full contain, although the arrow can move around a little vertically. Not a big deal once you get used to it though. I found the ACE to be a good bit quieter than the QAD HDX? as well.

I switched from a trophy taker wich worked good on the range but didn't keep the arrow on the rest in the sage brush or when drawing in odd positions. After drawing a broad head off the rest and on to my wrist while deer hunting I swaped to a RipCord, best rest I have ever used.
My wife has a whisker buscuit on her bow and it works like a champ to, and they come in pink if thats your thing.

I completely agree. Super quite and very reliable. Plus they are made in Dillon, MT! Gotta love Montana products.

I traded a buddy a gun for another gun and a Matthews DXT bow (I got a good deal!). The bow had a Whisker Biscuit rest on it and for laziness reasons, I haven't changed it. I have always felt that they were a solution to a problem that didn't exist (at least for me!) or were 4# of poo in a 2# sack!

Anyhow, 4 years later, I confess, I am still using it. As much as I don't like the concept, it works and I find no fault with it (but still don't like it!). Many rests today hold the arrow in position, so that isn't a valid reason anymore. It doesn't have moving parts and isn't prone to "timing" issues sometimes associated with drop away rests. For the timing issue, that's why my archery tackle box has red lipstick in it... And that's as far as I'm going on that one! :)

Back