Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Flatlander looking for elk partner

DirtyDan

Im going after elk in archery season and looking for someone to share the drive and hunt with. I'm 43 yrs old, married and have a teenage daughter. I'm one of those crazy traditional archers that hunts with a recurve but if you want to use training wheels that's fine too. I've elk hunted on and off for the past 15 or so years. Only killed one but have been in on and called in quite a few that we've taken home. My past hunting buddies have all gotten either too old or too lazy to do it anymore so I've been out the last couple years solo. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have someone to talk with in camp other than myself.
This will be a backpack trip in Colorado. I'll apply for unit 4 as first choice and the Marvene Valley for second. If I don't draw, I'll go over the counter in unit 65. I'm open to wherever if a better idea opens up. I'm also not apposed to doing Montana but have never been there. Heading out second week of archery from NE Ohio for 7 to 10 days in the backcountry with drive time. So looking at a 2 week trip. Would like to meet up with anyone or up to 3 more within a couple hours drive to see if we mesh before setting out.

Dan, I'm in Illinois. I've haven't nailed down where I'm going yet, but I would be interested in chatting with you. Maybe we could get a plan going. PM me if you're interested

Im going after elk in archery season and looking for someone to share the drive and hunt with. I'm 43 yrs old, married and have a teenage daughter. I'm one of those crazy traditional archers that hunts with a recurve but if you want to use training wheels that's fine too. I've elk hunted on and off for the past 15 or so years. Only killed one but have been in on and called in quite a few that we've taken home. My past hunting buddies have all gotten either too old or too lazy to do it anymore so I've been out the last couple years solo. I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have someone to talk with in camp other than myself.
This will be a backpack trip in Colorado. I'll apply for unit 4 as first choice and the Marvene Valley for second. If I don't draw, I'll go over the counter in unit 65. I'm open to wherever if a better idea opens up. I'm also not apposed to doing Montana but have never been there. Heading out second week of archery from NE Ohio for 7 to 10 days in the backcountry with drive time. So looking at a 2 week trip. Would like to meet up with anyone or up to 3 more within a couple hours drive to see if we mesh before setting out.

Dan- I'm not going to be able to join for 2016 but may have interest for 2017. Keep me in mind please. Would probably just help you hunt and pack and save my money on the tag until I gain a little more expirience. I've hunted elk once in Coloradoa and learned I don't have enough expirience to successfully harvest one consistanyl and use my money wisely. So would be nice just to pack for someone and learn the ropes.

I'm pretty sure you young bucks would walk me into the ground. I was hoping for someone a little closer so we could meet up a couple times before the trip. I'll keep you guys in mind tho.
Thanks

Back