Mtn Goat Taxi recommendations

jrabq

I'm going on a goat hunt in Montana in a couple of weeks, and if successful will probably get a full-body mount done. I haven't ruled out using a taxidermist from New Mexico (where I live), but thought I'd look into some others who have more experience with goats (such as in Colorado, UT, MT). So I'm open for suggestions, and if you've had a bad experience with one send me a PM. All things being equal a shop closer to home would be better, e.g. southern CO.

Thanks,
JR

Not of much help here. I'm north of your southern-bound route. Hope you get a good one.

Katie Rogers in Great Falls MT. She is absolutely awesome. Very fast turn around. She's worth the drive to get your goat to her... She has my goat from this years hunt right now.

I think my taxidermist did a good job on mine. Steve Marrou, Outdoor Creations in Cheyenne, WY. 307-638-9320

Goat_zps014da058.jpg

In CO I would recommend Barry Smith at Alpine Taxidermy in Hot Sulphur Springs (970-725-3534) or Greg Brumfield at Brumfield Taxidermy in Grand Junction (970-434-9299).

That's a nice mount Oak.

Greg Brumfield is definitely a world class taxidermist. That being said, there are many exceptional taxidermists in New Mexico. Carl Chavez of Mountain Legends, Paul and Vince Gallegos at Imperial Taxidermy, Bill Bowen at Lasting Impressions, and Robert Major of Major Wildlife Studios are just a few. Any of these guys would do an outstanding job on your goat. I'd trust them with anything from elephants to squirrels.

My Dad has had two Goats, one MT goat and a BC Goat done by Atcheson's taxidermy in Butte, MT. He Also has his 2013 Sheep in with them. I'm impressed with their work. I don't have any pics right off, but if I shoot anything worth hanging on the wall this fall, it's going to Atcheson's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back