What state?

captaincoot

If you had the chance to make one state a wildlife refuge (Only You could Hunt it) which one would you choose? No Alaska or Hawaii. I'm thinking CA because you have ocean mountains and everything in between.

Last edited:
California's the obvious answer because of size and landscape/biological diversity. That said I don't know if I can live without whitetail. Also no chance at moose or goat. Is there pronghorn in CA?

My fallback would be Montana. 12 different big game species and pretty varied terrain.

Washington!! Wait...Idaho. Oregon? Wyoming. No I'll take the ol' home state WASHINGTON it is.

That's a tough one. Lots of states offer a multitude of opportunities. The choice would eventually come down to what species you like to hunt and the terrain/topography you like to hunt them in.

Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana all offer outstanding variety and some beautiful areas. In the end though, I think I'd have to go with my home state of Idaho.

Tough call, I sure love the Ruby Valley in Montana.

Nevada has 20 pound plus cuttroats, snow cocks, three different types of big horns though the Rockies have taken a hit over the years. Big mullies, respectable bulls, nice lopes and lots of public land and eventually California will fall in the ocean duh. Doesn't sound like a good refuge to me.

Nevada has 20 pound plus cuttroats, snow cocks, three different types of big horns though the Rockies have taken a hit over the years. Big mullies, respectable bulls, nice lopes and lots of public land and eventually California will fall in the ocean duh. Doesn't sound like a good refuge to me.

I got to have ocean fishing. If some of it falls into ocean that means I have islands to live on. Never really thought about Oregon or Wash.

If I lived out west I'd say SD but being from Md the liberal hunting quotas the different game offered , great water fowl plus vast fishing areas from mountains streams to rivers, Chesapeake bay and ocean.
It's hard to give up the year round fishing and hunting.

But, you know there are no trophy animals here??;)

That's a tough one. Lots of states offer a multitude of opportunities. The choice would eventually come down to what species you like to hunt and the terrain/topography you like to hunt them in.

Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana all offer outstanding variety and some beautiful areas. In the end though, I think I'd have to go with my home state of Idaho.

Tough call, I sure love the Ruby Valley in Montana.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back