Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado OTC elk

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just back from a MT elk hunt, but wanted to let you know that the Colorado elk hunt airs this week. Actually, the first airing was just over. Airs again tonight at 10:30PM and again two more times in the next week. If you want to read a short play-by-play of the hunt, here is the link. http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=256953

This hunt, along with the two Wyoming elk episodes with Spitz are on the new DVD we are selling, On Your Own Elk Hunting; the DVD that also gets you in the drawing to go on an elk hunt with me.

I wish I was going to CO this year, but it is just not in the schedule. Too many commitment, along with trying to squeeze in three hunts for RMEF Team Elk. Makes for a busy hunting schedule. Next year, I hope to have the deer tag, along with another OTC bull tag, and head back to these same benches and hope to do a Colorado Two'fer.

Hope you enjoy it. Just something about the simplicity of going to a place, buying your tag, and heading to the hills to explore 23 million acres of public land that calls to me and my elk hunting soul.

Randy what's the orange patch on the back of your pack in this episode? Some sort of cover for your daylid?

Sorry to hear that Fin. It has been beautiful here... So the hunting won't be as good as if we had some snow. I'll be up there, my brother has two tags.

Randy what's the orange patch on the back of your pack in this episode? Some sort of cover for your daylid?

Yeah, FHFGear makes these for the Mystery Ranch packs. This was on that serves as an additional load cell, albeit a long and flat one. Also serves as a sitting pad to keep your butt dry when glassing. And as you saw, can be an additional orange exposure in areas of high hunting traffic.

Not sure if Paul has them on his website, but here is his site - www.FHFGear.com

How come you let that high dollar pelt walk? :)

Because he wouldn't stand still long enough to be a good TV subject. Most of them are not so lucky and end up on stretchers, then shipped to fur auctions in Canada.

That must be a .308 magnum...can't shoot anything with just a .308 now a days can you? LOL, just kidding. Can't wait to see the episode.

I purchased 2 copies of the DVD set, one for a gift and one for myself. Awesome shows, I'm hoping I will be lucky and win the hunt with Big Fin!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back