Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Photo thread - 2014 season landscape

Not a soul to be found... Hunting the elkhorns looking for mulies, but everything hunkered down before the storm showed... (Picture taken Sunday up keating)

6ynreQ7.png

Our huge and scary winter advisory made for good TV but only dropped 2 inches around Bozeman. However, the temps dropped from mid 60s on Sunday to -13F this morning up in the hills where I hunted this morning. The 1500' climb in was fine, but once we leveled out and stopped producing heat it became obvious how cold it really was. In this pic the sun was trying to help us out, but it took another hour before it burned off the frozen fog and was able to take the bite off our faces.

Didn't even cut a track....

Attachments

• s IMG_2311.jpg
    s IMG_2311.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 399
Looking west in the Blackfoot Valley, MT... looking forward to getting back to this spot with our fresh snow.
IMG_1048.JPG

Last edited:
Glassing for some elk, with my buddy Rob. East end of the Little Belts 2014.

Attachments

• IMG_0566-1.jpg
    IMG_0566-1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
This was the second Sunday of the season in MT. It was the day of another supposed winter storm watch that fizzled into a couple snow flurries. I did an evening hunt but saw nothing alive except a few deer. However as I was walking out at the end of the day I caught the sun lighting up the Tobacco Roots (way in the back) with pink evening light though the holes in the breaking-up snow squalls. The iPhone didn't capture that, of course, cuz it sucks, but the foreground turned out ok.

Attachments

• L IMG_2270.jpg
    L IMG_2270.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 367
This my old friend Hershey on a hot July day scouting for moose at Grouse Lake. I couldn't hardly get her out of the water! She's 12 yrs. old this year.

Streaming flocks of big ducks were leaving the refuge to go out to feed from the faintest of first lightening of the eastern horizon, right up to legal shooting time. A volley of shots rang out off across the marsh, and then it became deadly quiet. Opening day of pheasant season, and I have a large pool mostly to myself, ducks included. Still soothing to the soul.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 284
Elk hunting with a homemade longbow in a remote basin of Idaho I had scouted 3 years prior. It's a hard one to get into, but worth it.

It took 12 years to get the 4 of us together again for a western hunt. San Juan National Forest. Lifelong friends, all former Marines. Semper Fi.

0A9D8FFC-8C25-4E84-BD20-56FCF9B43003_zps8ecmtayf.jpg

Sunset in the Ruby's of Nevada

Attachments

• DSCN1162.jpg
    DSCN1162.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member