Yeti GOBOX Collection

Home on the Range - or - The West has Ruined Hunting for Me

Congrats!!
Great post! Thanks for sharing.
Enjoyed the story and as an easterner, I can definitely relate. Local deer hunting hasn't been the same for me for several years. More just to get the daughter and wife out and fill the freezer than anything.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I've got a bit of video to put together from the hunt too. I don't know how Solo Hunters like Remy Warren do it, even trying to film a hunt even with two people is an unbelievable exercise in balancing hunting with being a cameraman. I'm only really capable of doing one at a time for now, but practice makes perfect I suppose. Hopefully I can get it all put together in the next few days.

That's a great article. Wyoming 'goats' are addictive. It's great to hear your trip was a total success. Not all hunts end that super but all are great fun. A week or less of time well spent with family and/or friends. I will try to add a picture of buck #20 from early this month. ( I said it was addictive!). He's not the biggest or the smallest but he sure is tasty.
At least your now 'better-half" is well aware of how important has become for you. Hopefully she will share it and encourage you if she doesn't actually join in. The bright side of things is that when your wife hunt's too its not really twice the cost, its MORE!

Attachments

• IMG_4914a.jpg
    IMG_4914a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 104
For anyone still following along, I finally cut down our video into something watchable. After years of seeing Randy, Steve Rinella, Remy Warren, and the other big names in public/DIY hunting I figured that getting the majority of our hunt on video would be easy, but boy was I wrong. Hopefully it's gives an interesting summary of our hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7kwhLTx_JQ

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back