Caribou Gear Tarp

Get'n Jiggy Wid' it...

Big Sky

Tried a little fishing out in western Montana near Missoula yesterday evening. For the most part I used jigs and had good success. I was only able to fish for a couple hours before I had to get on the road and head home, but I still landed about a dozen fish or more. I really can't complain.

This was the average size of most of the fish.
Troy10-28-14D_zps1f11a8e6.jpg

Here's one that was quite a bit above the average.
Troy10-28-14A_zpsdc911e79.jpg

Here's one that was a step or two above that. :) Caught him on a Panther Martin because the hole he was in was too shallow and full of moss. Couldn't effectively use a jig in it or I would have.
Troy10-28-14C_zpsb10b74a6.jpg

You are doing very well for a "beginner" fisherman.

Looks fun. I sure miss the fall trout fishing. The walleye will have to do.

Yer killing me.

You should be using a 5 wt fly rod and popping streamers against those banks for fall browns.

Nice fish!

Now you're just showin' off!!! ;)
Every time there's' a thread with pictures from you I spend the next few days trying to figure out why I don't live in Montana...
Nice fish! Great pics!
Thanks for sharing...again.

What a great way to spend a fall afternoon! Great looking fish.

One of the hardest things I do in Montana is lay down my rifle and pick up a fishing pole during October and November. However I don't always forgo the rifle. I expect something will hit the ground before the big game seasons end. It's great to live in a state where one has to make tough decisions of whether to go hunting or fishing and know that either will be fantastic!

One of the hardest things I do in Montana is lay down my rifle and pick up a fishing pole during October and November. However I don't always forgo the rifle. I expect something will hit the ground before the big game seasons end. It's great to live in a state where one has to make tough decisions of whether to go hunting or fishing and know that either will be fantastic!

that's why I always have a rod n' reel in the truck even during hunting season, never no when you'll find a good spot. great lookin fish, congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back