First Hunt, First Bucks.

Very jealous,Iwant one of those deer.Congrats to the ladies though.your hunting partners are wayyyy cuter then mine.just lookat the POW thread to verify that,lol.Way to help your sister and niece out.How come your nephew didn't want to get a deer too?The smiles show you all had a good time together,and nothing better then that in a hunting trip;successfulor not

Congrats. they will be hunters for life. I too, love that area. no other place in this state I would rather be

How come your nephew didn't want to get a deer too?

He wanted to shoot a deer but he didn't draw a tag. I put him in for real tough to draw hunts this year. He was supposed to be playing his senior year of football but a Summer league injury ended that. He'll most likely draw next year with his points.

Thanks for the kind words. The girls had a great time. I need to give forum member Jabber a shout out for helping me break down Justyce's buck in the dark. He took a Havalon to the hand for his efforts.

Great stuff, Stan! The pics on here look better than my cell phone with the crummy service I had in the unit I was hunting. Burns like that can make for some tough shots, because there are branches in the way all over the place. Great shooting by Holly and Justyce to get it done cleanly and early. I know some guys who just rolled in home late tonight after spending the better part of a week in a primo area, with less positive results. :cool:

It was great to meet these two sharp shooters. Congrats to them on a couple of great deer. Just to clarify, the Havalon wound was self inflicted.

Come on DDD, post up.

You are a model of what hunters should be, Stan. You help so many and are so gracious with your time and hard-earned information.

Thanks for sharing this story and the special meaning it has for you. Congrats to the ladies on their first deer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back