Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Cash Out: 7 Mulie Points

archerramon

So with the Colorado point creep that just keeps creeping (13 elk points too) I am starting to research where to cash out my mule deer points next year. I would love to hear from some folks that have some insight on units (rifle hunt) that I should consider. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advanced for your thoughts!

ramon

I am right there looking to burn CO elk, deer and pronghorn points on so-so to decent hunts. There is a no man's land where are just burning years when could be hunting just as good of a hunt as if wait another 5 or 10 years as a non-resident. If are not done with CO then can get back in line.

Chasing the top tier CO elk and deer draw units is signing on for a lifetime of waiting for one hunt for elk and one for deer. If you wait 20 to 30 years to hunt once and then run into a federal shut down, drought with smaller antlers, early snows, etc, then that would drive a lot of folks to drinking prior to opening day.

Archeramon,

Archery? Or other weapon. Which units can you draw with near certainty with 7 points and definitely with 5 points (so you are not 'burning' too many points.?
Maybe post that and start a discussion of that very small set of units you have to choose from.

I appreciate everyone's comments. I do work hard at scouting and exploring units and fully understand the difficulty of getting input from a forum such as this. So with that said...

Happy Hunting!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back