Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tahr Hunting

Awesome story and pics, thanks for sharing! NZ Tahr hunting has to be one of the coolest hunts out there..

On a side note, that Isuzu pickup is badass....wish we could get those and the Ford World Ranger in the states (not to mention Toyo Surfs and Hilux's)

I've enjoyed all your hunting stories, along with HaveGunWillTravel's adventures. Really cool to get some perspective on the hunting scene in other parts of the world.

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah the Isuzu did perform well. Interesting you can't get the Hilux in America, they are very popular here.

Excellent story telling and video. Putting a tahr hunt further toward the top of my "must do" list.

Big Fin... When you go yo NZ you need to bring Moosie. I would love to go back. That plae was AWESOME !!! I even speak the language ;)

I got 3 tahr and 3 Chamois when I was there. Those mountains are HUGE !!

Good to hear you had a good time in NZ moosie. Were you on the west coast or east coast?

Awesome story and pics, thanks for sharing! NZ Tahr hunting has to be one of the coolest hunts out there..

On a side note, that Isuzu pickup is badass....wish we could get those and the Ford World Ranger in the states (not to mention Toyo Surfs and Hilux's)
Yep, New Zealand will be next, once i get my Elk!, it looks a stunning country, i was originally attracted to it by the world class fishing but then started to think about hunting.
10 years ago as a family we started to plan a trip with a view to emigrating there from the UK, but sadly other things took over and then we were too old!

JWP58, just for you, my Hilux

Cheers

Richard

I was on the West side. We Flew into NZ and frove over Aurthars pass. I flew in for Chamois hunting on a chopper and we got a Chamois. Then, We drove down to "HAAST" or something like that and flew out of there with a chopper with Saxton Or Morgan something or other ? It's been more then a few years ago so I don't remember the names.

But it was HELLA fun !!!!

I was on the West side. We Flew into NZ and frove over Aurthars pass. I flew in for Chamois hunting on a chopper and we got a Chamois. Then, We drove down to "HAAST" or something like that and flew out of there with a chopper with Saxton Or Morgan something or other ? It's been more then a few years ago so I don't remember the names.

But it was HELLA fun !!!!

morgan saxton who unfortunately has passed onto greater pastures after having to ditch into a large cold lake
glad you were successful

OHHH SNAP !!!! I flew with another guy there as well that had crashed a Chopper 3 other times. I got to see them. I'm not sure how they survive that ever.

Certainly sounds like you had a good time Moosie. The choppers are a great way to access the backcountry.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back