Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wilks brothers true colors are shining through.....

I think they should be given a choice, either take down the fence or give up your landowner tags due to all the calf mortality.

I think we need to keep the heat on our legislators and make sure they all know about this issue, and maybe start thinking of what that ballot initiative looks like.

It is not a coincidence that the camper is parked half way down the strip. If I was rv camping in there, I would park anywhere but there. BTW they switched campers out to extend the camping limit.

I met this fella. He drove to the top with his truck. I was walking down the saddle when I bumped into him and his two hunting partners. They took one quick glance at me and then went back to glassing. I walked over to say hi. This was 30' off the trail I was walking down. They didn't seem bummed or apologetic in anyway.

Ya I would feel soooo bad for a guy that couldn't land his PLANE because of a camper.

I get the issues of illegal fences, and driving heavy machinery places it shouldn't go, and the overall apparent B.S. that's going on out there.......but......

I find it hard to get worked up over a guy parking a camper, legally, that just happen to get in the way of your "easy in, easy out". I doubt I'd be "apologetic" either, might just offer some advice "shoulda flown a helo in I guess".

Ya I would feel soooo bad for a guy that couldn't land his PLANE because of a camper.

I get the issues of illegal fences, and driving heavy machinery places it shouldn't go, and the overall apparent B.S. that's going on out there.......but......

I find it hard to get worked up over a guy parking a camper, legally, that just happen to get in the way of your "easy in, easy out". I doubt I'd be "apologetic" either, might just offer some advice "shoulda flown a helo in I guess".

I guess true colors are the topic of this thread, please start another thread about flying and landing on public lands instead of this one.

Thanks,

Nemont

Just sayin'......

images

I get that. But here's the deal: It's legal to fly in and land. Whether or not the camper was there intentionally, I can't say but there is still an issue of sharing your public lands with everyone, especially if that involves multiple forms of access.

I give way to horses on the trail. Bikers are supposed to give way to hikers, etc. It's just a matter of common courtesy to pull farther off the road than 20 feet or so.

While some folks look at flying in to landlocked places are elitist, I look at it more as a small act of civil disobedience, and I support it wholly. If you have the means to do it, or if you team up with a bunch of others to do it, it's still a legal means of access - and we should stand up for that.

If through the RMP process, landing aircraft is denied, then we respect that too, and work within the system to get it changed.

While some folks look at flying in to landlocked places are elitist, I look at it more as a small act of civil disobedience, and I support it wholly. If you have the means to do it, or if you team up with a bunch of others to do it, it's still a legal means of access - and we should stand up for that.

As I stated just two posts ago, I support it as well. Its completely legal. So is gaining permission and parking legally.

Pretty straight forward.

I support it, actually. I also support gaining permission and parking legally.

Your point?

My point is this.

This isn't the thread to worry which hunters have a plane and who doesn't. Stay of topic on this and start another one to discuss the other issue you have.

The topic is more important than sniveling about who you feel "sooo" sorry for. Simple request to stay of topic that is all.

Nemont

FWIW, that camper and the truck that brought it in are both probably worth more than what my friends have into their planes that they fly into places like that. Lot's of flying bums around.

Let's see now...Mr. Benes, who apparently isn't a sidewalk BLM'r says the situation is being monitored & all is good....counterpoint is legions of lawyers for the landowner will prevail regardless, monkey wrenching, and anyone who doesn't join the amen corner should start their own thread.

..miss anything?

Let's see now...Mr. Benes, who apparently isn't a sidewalk BLM'r says the situation is being monitored & all is good....counterpoint is legions of lawyers for the landowner will prevail regardless, monkey wrenching, and anyone who doesn't join the amen corner should start their own thread.

..miss anything?

Just wait a week or two...there are ex BLMers and RMEF staff hunting there as we speak. I am waiting for their 2 cents worth. I am going to call the Lewistown LEO today to officially make my report on what I have.

A retired BLMer contacted me after I sent out the newsletter linking to this thread and the fencing documentation page, told me of a similar case a few years back that didnt make the light of day to the public, so there was no outcry, no pressure on the BLM to do their job and it was basically privatized.

I know from some similar cases that once the light of day exposes a situation and there is the public outcry for our public lands or access, that we can change things, like that back room deal that was going on with Texas billionaire Schluter parking his house on a public access FS 166B road, which Rob and I posted pictures and documentation here on the forum, about a year ago. The land trade got stopped and the Forest Service was pursuing public access to the road being restored. Which reminds me I wanted to check on that, see what the status was.

The Butte guys exposed the Turner fences and made that public. Again, another case of a wealthy landowner. From what I recall of the articles, it was also BLM land bordering the Turner ranch. I think this is where they all got the 4 wire fence thing from they keep telling me about. The more of the public that contacts the BLM office asking for an accounting, letters to the editor, etc., the more we can force the regulations regardless of how much money the landowner has.

Noam Chomsky wrote, “All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.” I think we can do better than that, especially collectively.

I was looking up one of the footnotes in the BLM Fencing Handbook and found the BLM H-2200 Land Exchange Handbook, which I thought y'all might like to have access to, since it was land exchange with the Wilks that started most of this.

There are certain procedures that have to be followed, including the Public. Anyway, another reference material that we will probably need to make sure that our Public Trust interests are being watched out for, especially since the Wilks have their website trying to promote a trade.

I am going to get Staples to print a spiral bound hardcopy to begin making notes.

I also support gaining permission and parking legally.

Then you should have no trouble getting permission -- FREE permission -- to go hunt that chunk of land.

That is, if you're so confident that such things actually work in the real world and planes are not needed.

Just wait a week or two...there are ex BLMers and RMEF staff hunting there as we speak. I am waiting for their 2 cents worth. I am going to call the Lewistown LEO today to officially make my report on what I have.

Just the multiple Texas Billionaires

Same sad re-run plays out once again. They came to Montana presumably because they liked it, then do their best to turn it into where they came from, and become despised by local folks in the process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back