PEAX Equipment

The best clothes

Elkchaser12

Alright I would just like to get everybody's personal opinion what company do you think makes a better overall quality clothing I'm talking about the major brands.. Sitka, kuiu, core4element just curious as to what everybody's opinions are

I really like first lite and Sitka. I wish both companies would make a tall line (36 inch inseam). I have not tried the other but have really like both of those.

I will plug Firstlite. I am loving the Chama hoodie and the Kanab pants, the setup is really nice for early season.

I like the kuiu line and sitkagear($$$) just wish I could find better size selection. I need xxxl tops (kuiu only makes to xxl) for my shoulders especially in outer garments and some long lengths would also be nice. for the money I really liked the Russell APXG2 line before they discontinued it.

I use a combination of first lite and sitka. First lite has the best base and mid layers out there and its hard to beat sitkas timberline pants and the jet stream jacket. I do have the super down jacket by kuiu which has no comparison for warmth and comfort, but kuiu has such an odd fit, I usually where xl and everything I have ever tried from them is well tiny, I have to up go up 2 sizes to get a good fit. First lite also has an excellent late season all weather pants that are very comfortable when still hunting on them cold november and december late season hunts in the north country. In the end its what works for you.

Currently have mostly KUIU clothing and have been very impressed. Have tried on sitka and really liked the fit, but went with KUIU because comparable products were less expensive. Quality to me seems even, my brother uses sitka and we have been using for roughly the same time period and both companies products have held up well. That being said between my brother and I we have had at least some experience with all the other major brands listed here ( first light, core4, Russell ) and we really have to find anything we were unhappy with.

I have a lot of Kuiu, Sitka, and First Lite. If I'm picking one line at this point it's First Lite -- to me the fit is the best and their materials are the most comfortable to wear. I don't necessarily have anything bad to say about Kuiu or Sitka and there's some pieces in that line that I really like (traverse shirt, attack pants, etc) and I like the camo patterns in Kuiu and Sitka better, but I'd still go with FL vs the others.

Rejoice in the fact that there are so many options now. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong, you just need to choose what is best for you....mixing and matching can be the best option.

I use a combo of sitka,kuiu,c4e,and ua....if i had to choose one it would be kuiu.....i would like ua more if it didnt get that funk after wearing it awhile

What about Patagonia, Rab, Mtn Hardware, Arc Teryx, and others that are certainly great, minus the fashion status of the camo?

What about Patagonia, Rab, Mtn Hardware, Arc Teryx, and others that are certainly great, minus the fashion status of the camo?
Yep. In some cases those brands, IMO/E, are better and cheaper. I don't leave for a hunt without my Patagucci Puffball vest. Great piece of gear, even though it's blue. :eek:

Back