Caribou Gear Tarp

Nebraska Mule Deer On Your Own?

The youth permits are only $6 for non-residents and $91 for regular non-resident turkey plus $15 or $16 for a habitat stamp for those sixteen and older. So if you have kids just buy them permits and let them shoot all the turkeys. I did that with my son last fall, had some already in the freezer and really did not need three or four more so instead of getting a permit myself just got him one and let him do all the shooting, it was a blast asking him how to set up and get on them. Ended up with one big gobbler. Hopefully we can hammer them in three months!!

Baxter,
I'm jealous. My daugherter is 3 so still a little you go to do any shooting, but I can't wait. Great job getting the kids off the cell phones and video games and back in the woods.

Mule Deer Chadron NE

I saw a few of you guys have been in Pine Ridge near Mckelvie and Chimney Butte.

Heading there this fall for muleys via bow and arrow. Is there alot of trees in that area to give cover to hunters and deer?

Also if you have any other info I would appreciate it. We are staying at Fort Robinson

I saw a few of you guys have been in Pine Ridge near Mckelvie and Chimney Butte.

Heading there this fall for muleys via bow and arrow. Is there alot of trees in that area to give cover to hunters and deer?

Also if you have any other info I would appreciate it. We are staying at Fort Robinson

Just like big fin does in Kansas. Get a map of walk in areas and look for the ones with the best food source. If you are hunting early the alfalfa is popular, once the wheat comes up depending on early rain can be good.

Pick up an antelope tag as well and hunt the grasslands and walk in areas nw of Crawford. Good way to hunt during the middle of the day and there are quite a few mule deer.

Fort Robinson

I am heading out there right after halloween for a bow hunt.

Any good starting pts south of Chadron any one would share.

Looking at satellite maps at the pockets of trees near chimney butte

and east on the southern edge of the public land. If any could assist please email me.

Thanks!

There is a big public area north of Hay Springs, also. I can't remember the name for sure (maybe Metcalf?). It is very rough, but there are some big deer there. My cousin ranches near there, but I have not been there in many years.

There is quite a bit of public land in that part of Nebraska, but I have not ever hunted it. You will be hard pressed to find a place that does not have a lot of deer however, as they are everywhere in this state.

nebraska state land mule deer hunts. Sand Hills?

Just wanted to know of any info anyone would have on a self guided rifle opener mule deer hunt in Nebraska. Doesn't matter where and any info would be helpful. Not scared to walk many miles if necessary. Would love to trade info about the other 5 states that i hunt. MN, Wi, mt, SD, etc. I have heard a lot about the Sand Hills region?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back