Yeti GOBOX Collection

308 winchester or 300WSM ?

If your 308 is a Kimber Montana 84M, you'll wish it was in your hands eveytime you think about it.

Agreed, love mine. Haven't hunted with it a ton, but it has quickly become one of my favorites.

No, I don't like the feel of lightweight rifles. Over 12lbs with scope and bipod and have/will never complain.

If you are climbing mountains all day with a 12-pounder, you are a lot tougher than me. I was about to grab my Ruger American after about five days of scratching my way over tough country this year carrying my Rem 7 mag.

No, I don't like the feel of lightweight rifles. Over 12lbs with scope and bipod and have/will never complain.

I don't know about that, over 12 #? You pack rifles more than you shoot them. Every once counts. My .375 H&H doesn't weigh 12#. You have a bull barrel? Just wondering.

I don't know about that, over 12 #? You pack rifles more than you shoot them. Every once counts. My .375 H&H doesn't weigh 12#. You have a bull barrel? Just wondering.

Mark V Accumark RC in 300 wby mag. 26" barrel in #3. Vortex 4x16, large bipod and sling. I have always hunted out of my bivy.

300WSM has accounted for many big game animals over the last few yrs. It has been the best cartridge for many African animals, aoudad, mulies, whitetail and etc. It may be more expensive to load but the performance is great. The only African animal that required a second shot was a Gemsbok that my first shot was poor shot placement. Second shot through the shoulder put him right down. Good luck! MTG

Depends on what you want to do. If you really want to shoot far the WSM is a better choice. If you keep things under 400-500, then the 308 Win ought to make things dead. The 308 can be had in a smaller package and you get an extra round in the mag. I would prefer the 308, and thus have one. Just about any cartridge in the Kimber 84M package is one I would like to hunt with.

Dropped my moose at 275 with my brand new 308 this fall. The wsm was never a consideration for me for most of the reasons listed.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back