Question About Gaitors

PJ0311

I have a pair of Kennetrek gaitors that make quite a bit of noise while I walk. The noise is coming from the Velcro and I was wondering if this will get quieter as the Gaitors get broken in or if I'm not getting the Velcro closure secured properly and that is why they are so noisy.

I've never had a problen with that. Is it the tightening strap around the top of the calf, or velcro closure over the zipper?

It's the Velcro over the zipper. Makes a crinkling sound when I walk. As you can tell I'm new to Gaitors and guessing the problem could be user error.

My cabelas ones are also very quiet. Not much to them so I can't really fathom that it would be user error. Type of fabric or materials maybe? Mine are just a soft cotton - type fabric with gore-tex lining and fairly thin, flexible Velcro. They are going on 10 years old now and have gone many miles, but I don't remember them ever being noisy.

I have a pair from REI and a pair of Outdoor Research gaiters. Neither make any noise. Ive never worn any Kennetrecks. I highly recommend the OR gaiters if you are ever in the market.

My Cabellas Fleece/Gore-tex ones are at least 15 yrs old and worked just fine again this year.
Very quiet.I have modifed the under boot cord .

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the input. I've thought about the OR's but not the Cabelas ones. I'll have to get to Cabelas before they close next month so I can check them out.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back