Sighting in

Beaneater

A friend of mine wanted to switch ammo, His choice was no longer available. So I got him some ( actually brought him into the 21st century). I shot his rifle impact was 4" left and high. Made the adjustments shot and perfect. Then he shot the next day and was impacting 6" right. We both shot 3 groups, mine shot right on his always shot left another guy shot the rifle then and shot left too. What's happening?

Cheek weld is different. You should always sight In your own rifle as eye Alingment with the scope won't always be the same from person to person, thus poi will change.

Parallax error. This means that if you have the rifle very steady in a rest and move your head around, you will see the reticle "float" around the bullseye. Most centerfire scopes are set parallax free at 150 yards. Most scopes do not have a parallax adjustment (scopes like 2-7, 3-9, some 4-12, etc). Higher power scopes that are designed for target or varmint hunting, ie - smaller targets, do have a parallax adjustment. This way, you are focused for the exact distance & parallax error is eliminated.

That being said, I think that 4" is still quite a lot of error. What is the scope magnification and make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back