Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bear hunting Pa style

mixedbag

Our firearms bear season opens this saturday.I have a group of 25 that come up to my area to hunt.We push swamps all day in drives.These swamps are so thick most is done on your hands and knees.We push thru them and have sanders wait on the other end.Some are small like 1/4 mile and others closer to 3/4 mile in length.I look forward to this hunt each year.Our season is 4 days long.After 2 days,we are so tired and beat up that's all we can do.
Hoping for a great Saturday now.Nothing better then hearing the guns fire off.Last year we moved 5 bears and took 2 of those so this is a very fair way to hunt.They win more then they lose.I learn from mistakes so hoping to beat the 2 bear number from last year.We actually shot 3 but another person took the 3rd bear.
If anyone ever wants to try a hunt like this,you'd be more then welcome by my group.We have some of the biggest bears in the world in my area and 600+ lb bears are taken every year and some topping 700
Big 28 hunter will be along for the fun as well.

Good luck! I have friends in Clearfield that keep inviting me but I haven't went up yet. Someday maybe.

Where are you at in PA? My nephews live in Cumberland county. I should pass this along to them...they might make for good dogs

Last edited:
Man didn't know there were PA people here too! Born and raised in blair county. Bear season is intense lol I've never done it, always ended up fly fishing or chasing ducks.

I'm in the Pocono mts in far eastern Pa.Yeah, bear hunting is a big deal in my area.We don't have many deer but bears we have a lot of,and record book sized

I'm heading home to PA for Thanksgiving and rifle deer. I'll be in bear country as well, so who knows... Good luck to you mixedbag!!

No kills this year yet.I'll sit on some spots now till season ends.My drive gang has gone back to work.We hunt 2 days and pushed some areas with heavy bear sign but pushed none out.Last year we pushed out 5 in 2 days this year zero.I do have a great spot to sit and watch after work though so I haven't thrown in the towel yet

Once again Scott thanks for a great season and putting together a great group of guys. Good huntin'

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back