Hunting Shows

BrowningBLR

Onyourownadventures and Fresh Tracks are leaps and bounds above any other hunting show out there. There is a lot of garbage and I can't stand watching about any other show (I guess Randy has spoiled us!). I was watching Eastmans Bowhunting, first time I had watched it actually. I didn't like a single thing about any of it... Fred, the crew, the hunters, the ranches, the commentary of Fred talking how tough the ranch terrain was, or the long archery shots. It was a struggle to finish the episode

My wife has hunted quite a bit with me and shot some animals as well but she has never watched a hunting show beside a few seconds here and there while I'm watching...Well last night my wife sat down and after about 3 minutes of hearing Fred talk and shoot a buck, she said "This is terrible." Then I turned on my DVR of Fresh Tracks, the episode of bowhunting with David from Sitka... long story short, she really enjoyed the show and validated my opinion!

Good work Randy and crew!! Best in the Biz!

I agree it is a refreshing show, along with meat eater, I am an archery hunter and never watched anything involving rifle hunts until these shows, they are just well done!

I also agree. Im sick of every episode people shoot trophy class animals on some ranch. I will say fresh tracks and meat eater are my two favorites hands down. THANKS BIGFIN for your efforts on a quality show.

I have to admit I used to watch a lot of different hunting shows and to be honest I just got burned out on the same old crap. Most of the shows don't represent to me what hunting is all about or the reality of what your typical hunter is, believes, or can come to expect.

I have found my self only truly watching only 3 hunting shows and DVR is set to record every episode. They include Fresh Tracks. Meat Eater, and Solo Hunter. All three of these shows for the most part are DIY public land hunting.

The Meat Eater and Solo Hunter shows do some private land hunting. Which most of us get the opportunity to do. I have seen a couple episodes of Meat Eater where Steven has a guide mostly because it was the law for the area or game he was hunting. I don't have a problem with these things as long as its not ever hunt they go on and that the show is focused on hunting not product placement and outfitter promotions.

Just one question about hunting TV shows...

Does anyone enjoy watching people hunt out of treestands? Personally, I find watching Treestand hunts about as painful as rubbing Jalapeno Pepper Oil in your eyes.

At this point... I really only watch one Hunting show. I've been w/o cable for several years, so I watch Fresh Tracks on CarbonTV, and that's about it.

I Like Fresh Tracks, Ridge Reaper, Western Hunter and Jim Shockey's Uncharted

Onyourownadventures and Fresh Tracks are leaps and bounds above any other hunting show out there. There is a lot of garbage and I can't stand watching about any other show (I guess Randy has spoiled us!). I was watching Eastmans Bowhunting, first time I had watched it actually. I didn't like a single thing about any of it... Fred, the crew, the hunters, the ranches, the commentary of Fred talking how tough the ranch terrain was, or the long archery shots. It was a struggle to finish the episode

My wife has hunted quite a bit with me and shot some animals as well but she has never watched a hunting show beside a few seconds here and there while I'm watching...Well last night my wife sat down and after about 3 minutes of hearing Fred talk and shoot a buck, she said "This is terrible." Then I turned on my DVR of Fresh Tracks, the episode of bowhunting with David from Sitka... long story short, she really enjoyed the show and validated my opinion!

Good work Randy and crew!! Best in the Biz!

Agreed. Fresh Tracks and OYOA are by far the best around! But I think you have "Eastmans Bowhunting Journal (TV)" confused with "Eastons bowhunting" or whatever its called. Fred Eichler is the host of Easton bowhunting. He is a little extreme but I can watch him. I really like the EASTMANS (Guy and Mike) and their show. Almost all public land, DIY hunts and they have some great info in their magazines on different western states and species as far as units and tags go.

I've been watching Pure Hunting and Western Hunter some lately but neither of those shows are of the same caliber as Fresh Tracks or Meat Eater.

I do watch Solo Hunter, and of course Fresh Tracks and OYOA. If an episode of any show starts with a name of a specific deer, I'll go elsewhere. Even as much as I whitetail hunt on my own couple acres, I've never named a deer.

Fresh Tracks and Meat eater are my favorites as well. I also like Huntley Ritter's Outlanders, The gun nuts, Gun Stories, and King of Bucks when they have stories about the average Joe who got a monster deer because of dumb luck.

I can't stand anything with Jim Shockey, Ted Nugent, Tom Miranda, Stan Potts (give me a minute folks), Jay Gregory (his lack of eyebrows just bug me), Tiffany and Lee, or the Kiskys.

Both my wife and I look forward to Randy's shows. His has the only show she will watch. She hates those shows with women "hunters" having complete make-up like they are headed out for an evening on the town, hunting from a posh, heated stand, on private land. I also hate the named big game animals, black face paint, and "mean face" some of these jerks put on.

Both my wife and I look forward to Randy's shows. His has the only show she will watch. She hates those shows with women "hunters" having complete make-up like they are headed out for an evening on the town, hunting from a posh, heated stand, on private land. I also hate the named big game animals, black face paint, and "mean face" some of these jerks put on.

Yep. I like Fresh Tracks, Meat Eater, Uncharted, Solo Hunter, Live to Hunt with Cody and Kelsey Robbins and Into High Country. I really don't mind any show where people have to get out and work for the hunt and then don't act like fools once they kill something. I am sick to death of stand hunts for white-tailed deer on carefully managed private property.

I admire Fred Eichler for his ability with a bow, but he is just another one of the half-literate, juvenile idiots that seem to dominate the tv screen anymore. The Lakoskys make me want to puke. I get so tired of her pretty little eight-year-old persona (grow up for crying out loud!). The shows featuring an increasing list of people that can't even put together a correct sentence seem to be dominating the screen.

A lot of this stupidity is not helping our cause as hunters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back