Oregons Mt. Emily any bull archery hunt

gcan

Any last minute advice for an old bowhunter chasing bulls in the Mt. Emily unit. I have lived in Oregon most of my life and yet I have never actually hunted in NE Oregon before. This tag took me 14years to draw and now that I am pushing 50 I may never have this opportunity again so I really need to make the most out of this DIY adventure.

look high and in the heavy timbers north facing slopes with our current warm conditions,,,seems like rut action seems to improve towards the end of bow season,,,dont overcall if hunting public land,,,good luck,,ive heard mt emily has some whopper bulls.Ive seen some nice bulls just north of there in wenaha unit.

Thanks Dan,
I have limited hunting time so I have scheduled my time off for the last part of the season. I have heard good things about Wenaha, Walla Walla and Mt. Emily so I am excited to experience NE Oregon first hand. I am happy that the state is now limiting the number of spike hunters allowed in this area as I believe this will reduce some of the hunting pressure that other hunters have talked about in the past.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back