Caribou Gear Tarp

To keep or not?

I have a 2000 Tacoma trd with the 3.4 v-6 and really like that truck,,,214k and its only gotten a timing belt and pully kit and a water pump and a radiater,,,,awesome for reliability .have it lifted 3" and 32 bfgmud ta's,,itll go about everywhere I point it,even without front chains,,Toyotas electric lock up rear diff is awesome in my year.I think its not available on the new ones,just posi..If your intent about front chains though,i would not recommend wheel spacers,,,the only correct way would be a set of aftermarket wheels with enough off set for chain clearance at the strut.about 1" more than a stock wheel.

Chains fit just fine on my Tacoma, and I am running some very heavy duty chains by Quality Chain Corp. You lose just a little turning radius but they clear just fine.

I used to have an F250 as my work truck, and I found that my Tacoma got around way better off road than the Ford.

The new style Tacoma's ride very nice too. I had an '03 that rode like an empty lumber wagon on a froze up road, but it was still a good truck. Got over 200,000 miles on it with nothing but tires and oil changes.

Chains fit just fine on my Tacoma, and I am running some very heavy duty chains by Quality Chain Corp. You lose just a little turning radius but they clear just fine.

I used to have an F250 as my work truck, and I found that my Tacoma got around way better off road than the Ford.

The new style Tacoma's ride very nice too. I had an '03 that rode like an empty lumber wagon on a froze up road, but it was still a good truck. Got over 200,000 miles on it with nothing but tires and oil changes.

What year is your Tacoma? I have an 09 and NO chains on the front unless you put spacers. Clearance is tight enough up front that you can't slide a thick finger through.

Test drove one today and really like it. I think I'm going to put some better tires on the F250 and use it this year. If it doesn't do much better it will be gone before next fall. This will also let me wait and see what the 2016's will be like. It is nice looking at vehicles when you have to be talked into one rather than have to have one. The salesmen called 3 times already lowering price substantially. LOL
Thanks for all the feed back!

Tacomas are light trucks and do not need chains on front,back yes at times.
It says in the manual were to put them. The engine weights down the front enough,IMHO.
And with Dura-tracs I have never needed them on rear in NM.
Keep the F-250 for towing or heavy loads....

Back