2015 Hunt Talker Bear Hunt

No bear but I did double lung yet another tick trying to hitch a ride to the land of 10,000 lakes. He took 10 steps and tipped right over. One shot from the deet cannon works every time.

Seriously, had an awesome hunt. I'm humbled by the generosity and collective knowledge of the hunters I had the privilge of meeting in camp.....Men (and women) of character, integrity and passion.

I snapped a few pics and will post up soon.

mtlion....that pic is priceless. Hopefully it finds a prominent place next to any rug or mount you do

An enjoyable trip!

Super Videographer Gerald said:
Sytes, Elkoholic, and I hunted together the next evening. Dave (Elkoholic) and I got to watch an amazing performance of Charle's (Syte's) prowess as a rabbit whisperer. Photo evidence does exist when Dave or Charles finally gets to good coverage.

Also had an event where I conversed with a griz... until the griz turned and took a few steps towards me - at which point I realized the error in my ways and got back into my truck.

The rabbit was itching to take a fateful dip in a pot sized Jacuzzi back at camp though I had a PETA moment and was too amused at this rabbit's desire to say hello.

After that, Dave (Elkoholic) was a few yards behind me recording a muley that kept walking towards us. Checked us out then ate a bit of grass and repeated that before finally giving a "pffft!" and bounding off. :) This does not work during hunting season. ;)

picture.php

Felt like:

elmershh.png

The last eve, I had a nice looking blacky pop out... only to see 30 seconds or so a little cub bounce down the hill to catch up... Momma lived. It was pretty enjoyable to watch! :) Least I could say I saw a black bear...

picture.php

Until again. Some great food!!!!!!

I’m just getting around to catching up on Hunt Talk after returning from this hunt, needing to get caught up on the 1,179 new posts, I’ve been catching up on chores around the house and work stuff. I’m sure it’s not a surprise to anyone how much of a great time we all had. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for yet another great HT bear hunt. Again the local guys treated us right and did a lot of the preparation, from location to sharing bear spots, warm accommodations, cooking, gear and firewood cut, etc. There is a lot of work put into this and I want to say thanks to everyone who participated. Although we didn’t stack up the bears like we did last year we came damn close, highlighted by Julie’s awesome boar. I myself didn’t tag out but am totally ok with that after taking a great bear last year, besides I now have a bear tag in my pocket giving me a reason to return for a general elk hunt in Mt. this Sept. and possibly filling that tag. We had some great times around the camp fire and ate really well; I got to try antelope, lion and some Double Front chicken for the first time, yummy! I really enjoyed furthering my friendships with fellow HTers and meeting the new guys that attended this year, looking forward to doing this again for sure! Again, thanks to everyone for a great time.

Here are a few good photos of the hunt. It was a blast again this year and a privilege to share camp with everyone who could make it this year. Julie took her first big game animal and outdid everyone in camp. She then talked me into packing it out in one load. Thankfully it was downhill and good footing the whole way. I misjudged the angle of the single opportunity that I had at a bear and gave him a haircut. Needless to say I got to wear the be-the-decoy hat!!! The food in camp was amazing and despite putting on several hard miles every day I think I still managed to gain weight.
Pictures to come soon. For some reason the website won't allow me to upload them from my phone

It took a week for me to block that conversation out...I won't sleep well tonight.

This is a new one. With a very inconvenient time and location. Someone's got some splaining to do.

Oh God! Not this again... :p

On a completely separate note and to clear my mind of a repeat fireside "discussion"...

Ethan, look forward to your pics!

Last edited:
Back