Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Mountain Goat

Just watched the show! Incredible! The Way the show was presented was just like the viewers were right there! Congrats Randy on a great accomplishment and thanks Randy for another awesome show.

Congrats Randy11 on a fine trophy and some great memories that will last a lifetime.

I am always impressed at the way the Fresh Tracks shows convey the reasons we love to hunt.

Good job on getting in and out of some nasty, steep terrain. My lungs were burning just watching the hike in. Very nice goat and is always memorable to share an experience with friends.

Great hunt and great show. I really enjoyed this episode. Thanks for all the pictures.

Watched it last night, great episode. Man that looks steep! Congrats Randy11 and best of luck this season

What a blast going back and reading through this thread, definitely a summer I won't be forgetting.

I still can't believe how lucky I am to have friends that would drop everything and come on this hunt like they did. It was great getting to catch up with you guys this spring, and hopefully we're packing elk meat together this September.

Thanks for all the atta-boys on the goat guys, I'm glad those of you that have gotten to see the episode have enjoyed it. It's an amazing place up there, I'm hopeful someone else draws this tag soon and I get to tag along.

Got a chance to watch this episode last night. Great job Randy & great episode put together by Fin. And as I know first hand you had some great friends along! Way to go guys!

watched the episode the other day Randy11. Congrats man sorry I wasn't around last fall to read and wee the pics as I happened. Congrats again my friend

My 14 year old son and I watched this on DVR last night and what an awesome episode! Congrats to Randy11 and all the guys who stepped up to be part of the hunt.

PS - My son added Mountain Goat to the bucket list after watching this hunt.

I finally got to watch this hunt today. Huge congrats to Randy on a successful hunt. This just became my favorite episode of fresh tracks to date. The emotion and excitement could be felt the entire time.

You can now download this episode for $2.99 at this link. Yours forever, once you download.

http://randynewberg.vhx.tv/

Scroll down the page and you will see this below.

Goat hunt.jpg

Every $9.99 you spend gets you in the drawing for an elk hunt with me in 2016. Thanks for the support.

Even a better way to get these Season Three episodes, and a less expensive way, is to pre-order. By doing so, you get all the Season Three Fresh Tracks episodes as they get loaded to the platform.

Click on this link. http://randynewberg.vhx.tv/

And then select this tab at the bottom.

Season Three.jpg

Thanks Randy and Randy!
I loved that hunt, it epitomizes what it is like to hunt in Montana, tough getting there but the hard work can be worth it, and with a great bunch of friends.

Randy 11, that was a cracking shot!

I was thinking to myself i probably won't get back over to hunt again, but your film has stirred up those deep set hunter feelings again, 2016 can't come soon enough.
Time to start working on my wife again!

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Just watched this on my phone at lunch. Wow what an incredible hunt and experience. Thanks for letting us share you adventure. Congratulations. Do you have the mount back yet?

Randy11 - I'm hopeful someone else draws this tag soon and I get to tag along.

Randy11 - you are more than welcome to tag along any weekend that you want. I have the tag and will be scouting hopefully every Saturday up until 8-10 I will then be in California for some medical procedures returning around the season opener. I will then hunt/scout every weekend with a plan to shoot anytime after 9-20.

Gotta say since I have joined the forum I have not only enjoyed reading posts and hunt stories but have also learned a lot. Not to mention that even thought I don't personally know any of you I feel like I do.
So I added the sportsman channel to my lineup yesterday after reading through this post. I flipped the tv to the network when I got home and a rerun of this story was on at 4am this morning. Made my day watching it before I went to work..... truly a good hunt and great story. It was fun to watch even though I knew the outcome.
Congratulations Randy! Sure is nice to have good friends.
Awesome production too Big Fin and crew. (Wont be missing any more!)

I just bought the episode wednesday. Nice work guys, my 5 year old daughter and I enjoyed it at the dinner table. Ooops

For those of you interested in Mountain Goat conservation, here is a group that is doing something about it. I had coffee with the founder, Peter, a couple weeks ago. Great guy. When you hear all they are doing to help agencies with surveys, it is cool stuff. And, right now, they are doing everything as volunteers. Thanks to the Wild Sheep Foundation for the help they are providing the RMGA.

I know they are responsible for at least one new MT unit to be open to goat hunting. So far this summer they have been in UT and WA, doing surveys and trying to help agencies get a better feel on what their goat numbers are, all in the hopes that they can increase understanding of goats and hopefully increase opportunities for us to chase them.

https://goatalliance.org/

RMGA_Logo.jpg

Back