Yeti GOBOX Collection

If you could live anywhere...

You almost managed to keep you foot your of your mouth on this one by erasing it. But someone actually quoted before you erased it. Now you can't erase it. LOL. The whole internet tough guy act is really falling apart for you at this point.

As far as the gay bashing it's not hard to find.
Here are a few of your greatest hits. You think that is acceptable to make comments about gay people like that? It's not and you are out of line as usual. Thanks for proving my point for me. .

Are you a limp-wristed pillow biter?
Most were sexually abused as children and have low self-esteem.
I bet anal probing people that recognized your utter DBery was your favorite pasttime.
The only thing more gay than a muzzleloader is a crossbow. Montana is super open to limp-wristed pillow biters
If you like crossbows - chances are you walk with a limp or have a limp wrist

I'm just the only one who is willing to stand up and tell you that its' not acceptable but I have no doubt that others feel the same way and just dont' say anything. You act extremely immature and you are an embarrassment to the hunting community with your comments like that on a public forum.

Hopefully someday you will act more mature than a teenage boy. Like I said I'm surprised you actually have an office job considering how you act online.

I don't have a bad attitude. You are just better at talking smack than getting it in return.
Arrogance or bad attitude; 'not sure which prevails. I'm not much good at talking smack, but unfortunately do feel compelled to retort to obvious lack of respect for others and institutions or places unrelated to your background. You seem to merely want to provoke mean spirited argument, not even real debate. You're right; I'm not much good at that. As far as "than getting it in return", I am a real combat helicopter pilot (that's an inside aviator joke) ... don''t know what you can hang your hat on, if anything.
However, Roadhunter, I am impressed that you have the capacity to insert a few helpful comments for Mengle in amongst the bile of your mean-spirited derogation of others.

I can't believe that Possum Kingdom is a real place.
When I lived down there we'd fish for stripers with a fly rod below PK and some other reservoirs. Lots of bass, bream, even gar. Fun stuff. Texas is full of nice spots, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Houston, Tx. If I lived there I would shoot myself. :D

Roadhunter,

Try sticking to the topic, try some facts, and quit with the immature comments you make constantly.

Read straight arrows post again, he has you figured out perfectly.

BTW, why aren't you posting on eastmans board anymore?

I wonder if PETA members spends time on stupid personal comments based on where someone lives? Been to MT many times and love the state and most people. A few ignorant asses. My boy moved to TX three years ago and the people are amazing how they have welcomed him and he's built a good life with excellent friends. Oh yeah they also have a few ignorant asses.

When a fellow HuntTalk members asks a simple question about where he might relocate his family and it digresses to stupid assed debate about colleges and states it's laughable.

When I lived down there we'd fish for stripers with a fly rod below PK and some other reservoirs. Lots of bass, bream, even gar. Fun stuff. Texas is full of nice spots, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Houston, Tx. If I lived there I would shoot myself. :D
Yeah it sounds like a weird theme park for kids but the google images for it are nice.

Thanks all. These are some great suggestions on places to move. They have definitely help me narrow my search.

I guess I wouldn't be picky. 1st Cody Wy or Lander Wy

I know this post is dated and turned somewhat into a rant, but I have to say it's hard to look past SW Idaho.

I wanted to get my family out of the Republik of Kali 11 years ago for:

Better place to raise my kids

Better place to hunt

Better political fit

Good business atmosphere

More affordable living

Idaho may not be considered the place to go for building points and hiring guides to kill B&C critters now, but for opportunity to hunt western big game it's as good as it get's. Boise is consistently ranked a great place to Live, Do Business, Retire, Etc. We don't have an airport like SCL, Denver, Phoenix, but it's awful close and you can get anywhere quick. Politics are pretty Red, but a little more moderate downtown and quite Blue in Sun Valley. Seems even Montana has more liberal base than here. I would not live in OR or WA for these reason's.

Love this place. I do wish we could get an In-N-Out Burger here though!

Idaho sucks. Winters long, no animals here. I'd move from here to Texas if I could.

.......Greenhorn, you still crack me up after all these years.

Kinda fond of my little slice of Pair-of-dice in the middle of nowhere SW NM. Pie Town/Quemado.
Unless your allergic to elk.................

Tornado Alley! That's someplace I would want to live. :eek:

I've lived here all my life (I'll be 36 next week) and I still have never seen one. Although if I could see through the rain in my rearview mirror I could've seen one a couple weeks ago.

I am living in Houston as well, and have been retired two years. We talk a lot about moving. My wife grew up in close-in suburban New Jersey, and the part of Houston we live in is essentially Essex County NJ with warm weather and flat ground. Areas that we have seriously discussed include Front Range in Colorado, and Albuquerque. Check carefully with your wife as to her tolerance for cold. After Houston, even Colorado could be a shock. Good luck.

That's a tough question. I moved from Reno to Phoenix but the saving grace is my work responsibilities is the Western United States from Tucson AZ to Texas to Northern Alaska and Canada. I lived in Nevada for almost 50 years. I have bonus points stacked up so high you can't see the top. I also have about the same for Arizona and a few here and there with other states. My daughters draw more tags than I do. I will tell you though, I love Arizona. Still have terrible odds to draw a premium tags but there are ways to still hunt. Take deer for instance. Although I'm mainly archery hunting, I'm not prejudice. I apply for the Kaibab and Strip every year for late rifle. When I don't draw I go down and buy my archery tag over the counter along with fall bear, turkey and of course always carry a lion tag. Javalina and deer at the same time is a great hunt in January. If you tag out there are stipulations for the next draw but I'll leave that research to you. If I was to move today to anywhere I could, it would be Flagstaff.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,017
By the way, those are DYI Nevada bulls. Each girl had 9 points when they drew and those bulls were killed two years apart.

Well this is a hard question. I like several places, Denver was nice I went to vail for the go pro games. But I thought AZ was nice as I traveled from Phoenix heading to the Grand Canyon. I thought both CO and AZ was beautiful in there on ways. But I think I would miss the saltwater so it would be somewhere close to the sand.

I'd rather live outside the country, and come back up during the fall. Canada etc

Last edited:
Back