PEAX Equipment

Sportsman's Pledge (Public Lands)

This is almost disheartening. Anti's can get thousands of signatures in a day when they go after something, and this pledge has been on a couple of sites for a couple of days and only has 326 signatures. It's no wonder we're losing out as sportsmen.

This got my attention. Thanks John.

Signed. I didn't see the pledge # though my spam answer was 39... :eek: :p

This is almost disheartening. Anti's can get thousands of signatures in a day when they go after something, and this pledge has been on a couple of sites for a couple of days and only has 326 signatures. It's no wonder we're losing out as sportsmen.

One of the challenges is the lack of sexiness with respect to land issues. To an anti-hunter, banning hunting is an overly emotional issue and can easily draw action/reaction. Wolf issues draw a similar emotional reaction, just look at the difference in comments on an RMEF Facebook between any wolf post and a post such as Red Hill where access was granted to thousands of acres. The wolf post will get dozens even hundreds of comment, any land access issue will get a "meh". All very similar to Randy's mention of how so many faces of hunting due to their TV shows are silent on the LWCF, it's just not sexy and they don't want to upset their sponsors.

Hell, we're up to 400 names in a few days. I think that's pretty darn good for this kind of issue and a small, young group like BHA. We're asking for email addresses, not just "clicks" or "likes". Keep spreading the word! Thanks.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back