South Montana

mcalejg

Hey everyone,

My name is Joe McAleer and I am from Mobile Al. I will be out in Jackson, wy aug 28-sept 3, and I am looking for somewhere to hunt Merriam turkeys (fall season opens sept 1 in Montana). I was told there are a lot of birds in the Red Lodge, Mt area. Does anyone know any cattle farmers, ranchers, outfitters, or private land owners with a bunch of turkeys they would allow me to hunt in Red Lodge or SW Montana? I am willing to travel. 5-6 hours and I'm willing to pay or do whatever I need to. I don't need lodging or a guide, I just need a place to hunt that has birds. Any and all information is welcomed. I really need some help/direction, as researching has proven to be harder than I anticipated.. I will return the favor if you are ever in my neck of the woods. Reply to thread, pm, call, email, or text.

Thanks,

Joe McAleer
[email protected]
251-680-1074

no offense, but Iit sounds like you are more interested in smacking any Merriams as quickly as possible without any real interest in a oyoa western hunt.I get that you have limited time.if you really need a Merriams quickly,sawa flying mount for sale on Bozeman Craigslist for cheaper than driving 5/6 hours to shoot some backyard bird.;)

Along rock creek north of red lodge you can find a number of birds. Big timber has a descent amount as does areas along the big horn. You just need to knock on doors, perhaps get a res tag.

I am sorry if I come off that way, but I can assure you I have a very high respect for Turkeys (especially the Eastern). I probably came off that way, bc I have to get it done on short notice (I have 1.5 days to capitalize on). I don't care to purchase one already mounted, and I do want an actual hunt, but I do not have the time to drive all over Montana hoping to run into someone who will let me hunt their birds. I hope I didn't offend you, and I do appreciate the reply. Take care,

Joe

no offense, but Iit sounds like you are more interested in smacking any Merriams as quickly as possible without any real interest in a oyoa western hunt.I get that you have limited time.if you really need a Merriams quickly,sawa flying mount for sale on Bozeman Craigslist for cheaper than driving 5/6 hours to shoot some backyard bird.;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back