Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Plinker!

idnative1948

Went to Cabelas this morning to pick up a few things ready to go off sale. Gathered up what I needed and just HAD to stop by the gun counter. Asked to look at a Heritage revolver in 22LR/22Mag for $219 and American made. Couldn't pass it up after handling it even though grips are a little rough. Guy asked if I had any other shopping to do and told him no. Took me to the check out at the counter and rung up the other items I had also. Was ringing up what I had and asked if I had any ammo. Said I had a little, so he asked if I needed a couple of boxes to get me by of 22LR. Duh! Went in the back and grabbed me two. Did the math, so for the revolver and 2 boxes after discount and tax was into it for $216.63 out the door. Good day!

Time will tell. I shot one at the range last week with a friend. It is no Ruger by any means and don't like having no adjustable rear sight.But, what the heck.
Figured the grandkids will have fun though. And nice thing is their daddy HAS ammo!.

Hope it's a shooter!

Prepare yourself for years of enjoyment. I have my mother's Ruger Single Six. She purchased it in 1973. To this day it's my daughters favorite gun to shoot.

Attachments

• 20140720_141030.jpg
    20140720_141030.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 348
Geez, thanks for making me feel bad. I purchased the same thing in 1973. As a young guy wanting to leave the small town for the big city I sold all of my toys. Had I only known.......

Prepare yourself for years of enjoyment. I have my mother's Ruger Single Six. She purchased it in 1973. To this day it's my daughters favorite gun to shoot.

I've got my eye on a Ruger single nine (22 mag). I hope you enjoy your new gun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back