Hola from California

jrod

Yep, another new guy looking for all the secret spots. Not really but it looks like there is a lot of info and a bunch a good folks on here so I am glad to be on board. I live in California, Livermore actually. Going to start hunting the D3-5 areas this year, but prefer x zones and c zone. Hunt when I can but not nearly enough. Cheers

Great to have you on board. It would be cool to see some more hunt stories out of CA; there are a lot of beautiful places in your state.

Welcome to the asylum!! Lots of great folks and info here....can't wait to here Cali stories and see pics.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I too hope to have some blacktail stories to report. I haven't got a deer since 2011. Last year did a couple weekend road hunts around Mormon emigrant trail cuz I had never been there before, to no avail. Don't have a traditional area up there we hunt, we are looking for a regular spot so it may take a couple years to get er figured out.

Welcome from California. I'm in Los Gatos, and have poked around up there off 88 a few times, mostly for spring mushrooms, but saw some promising deer sign. There's a good bit of traffic up there, like almost any other hunting, get away from the roads and find food/water/safety sources. There's a lot of room for bucks to hide up there with a lot of young growth in some areas.

Howdy, I am another Left Coaster stuck in Merced. Good folks and info on this site. I Hunt D-6 wilderness area for Deer, Turkeys everywhere, Ducks in the Grasslands, and others if I can draw the dang tags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back