Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Record Breeding Duck Count

I am really looking forward to a h2ofowl season with 8% more ducks. Great news for me and Bart.
Wet springs help. I wish we weren't losing wetlands and CRP though.

I don't knowif this is a spot where many of these ducks visit Internet forums, but just in case, may I offer an open invitation to come visit the many fine marshes and impoundments in Kansas. Come on down, the waste grain, aquatic life and water is doing fine!!

South central Kansas had the third wettest June on record. Filling and full large reservoirs, and the major wetlands are reporting lots of water. Now if we can just keep the water till the ducks get here!!

I was back in ND a month or so ago and there is a ridonculous amount of water. My dad said they have been getting a lot of rain this summer too. With a good hatch, the fall should be spectacular.

That's great news on the count! I need to actually make an effort to learn where and how to hunt some ducks. We seem to have quite a few around, just haven't hunted them much. When I have hunted them I had a great time.

I wonder how much the curtailing of CRP funding in the new Farm Bill will affect this trend?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back