MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hunt Talkers on Team Elk

Excellent. I was hoping you were going to bang a cow. I can't honestly say that I recall seeing that on TV before. Very nice your friend got a bull. Loved the comment about his Dr seeing him packing out the elk.

finally got to watch the show last night. Hope Marks cardiologist enjoyed it as
much asI did. Great show

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Randy, I so appreciate that you do things the right way.

Watched it last night on the DVR. I agree with Randy11 on the editing-really well done. The scenes where you're huffing and puffing and climbing up the hill, with the crackle of the rocks and the howling of the wind really put me there. Great job getting the Rocky Mountain elk foundation message out on this episode. Also really cool to see someone shoot their first bull elk

We saw this episode and thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm pretty sure that Big Fin could have rifled a bull elk if he wasn't concerned about the camera and getting the proper footage on film...

Team Elk finally did a public land hunt again. Lost interest when all the shows seemed to be on private ranches in NM since that's not how the majority of the RMEF members hunt. Wish they would do more public land hunting on their show and leave the country club hunts for Lee and Tiffany.

I agree 100% with this. It is the main reason I don't usually watch the RMEF tv show.
They usually have a celebrity or pretty girl who is someones daughter hunting on private property, not somewhere us little people could hunt.

.... I'm pretty sure that Big Fin could have rifled a bull elk if he wasn't concerned about the camera and getting the proper footage on film...

Yeah, I could have. Along with three other bulls on that hunt that we did not get good enough footage of to even put in the show. And, in a lot of our episodes, the same thing applies.

You can usually count on half the encounters, sometimes more, to be compromised by the fact we are filming and we need ten seconds of pre-shot focused footage, along with the entire things being unobscured. A function of trying to get the highest production quality possible. We have a lot more encounters than what makes it to TV, but no use in showing something that is just a flash of an elk that moved off just as the camera was getting on him. The life of cameras following you around.

Originally Posted by muledeerjunkie
.. I'm pretty sure that Big Fin could have rifled a bull elk if he wasn't concerned about the camera and getting the proper footage on film.

Been wondering about that too muledeer, glad you posted that..

Big Fin

Yeah, I could have. Along with three other bulls on that hunt that we did not get good enough footage of to even put in the show. And, in a lot of our episodes, the same thing applies.

You can usually count on half the encounters, sometimes more, to be compromised by the fact we are filming and we need ten seconds of pre-shot focused footage, along with the entire things being unobscured. A function of trying to get the highest production quality possible. We have a lot more encounters than what makes it to TV, but no use in showing something that is just a flash of an elk that moved off just as the camera was getting on him. The life of cameras following you around.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back