MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HuntTalk Podcast

I'm new to big game hunting. Been waterfowling and upland hunting forever but just got into whitetails last year. I am RAVENOUS for as much info as I can get. I've watched every episode of on your own adventures and fresh tracks minimum 3 times.

Please do a podcast

I live in CT where big game hunting is limited to whitetails but watching your shows and reading everyone's stories on here keeps me motivated to learn and save till I can explore the west. My fiancé has one more year in nursing school then we're out!!! Neither of us can wait but a weekly podcast would help me bide the time :D

Let us know how we can help.

The podcast idea sounds great. Here's a couple more topics for conversation. The screwing that Montana sportsmen are getting over the way that bison are managed as they come out of the park. How about the proposed brucellosis eradication scheme of eliminating many of SW Montana's elk? How about educating us on Montana's Elk Management Plan?

I have never heard a podcast, don't even know what one is except I think I am learning from this thread.
We have met on the street twice (Randy and I). I think we spoke for about 20 minutes each time. We spoke as equals about topics that interested us.
I think an outline of basic topics you would like to cover would be a great start- just allow the conversation to flow where it wishes. Sometimes you hear hosts try to force a conversation on shows and that just does not flow right. You know how it is when you and your family sit around the fire and tell mostly true stories til your smilers ache? Invite folks you like to talk to. Don't go looking for confrontation but never shy away if it comes looking for you.
I enjoy your way of communicating, others may try to alter it, hold fast.

I'm thinking a good collection of guests in the studio at the same time would be Nemont, NoHarleyYet, Jose, and Buzz. Might even have to film that one.

Really, thanks for the feedback. All good suggestions. Look forward to even more of them.

Just got a note that the guys want to record it on Friday. Better get my act together and start whiteboarding the discussion and see how it can flow in some coherent manner and not cause me to lose my network spot and all the sponsors who go with it.

You had me until you included Buzz. I'm Out..:(

Really though, I would enjoy listening to a pod cast and think there is a vast amount of topics that would be interesting. i would even be interested in hearing old hunting stories retold. Who doesn't like that. Especially since the bucks get bigger and the shots get longer.

Did you notice Rinella talking about 200 pound yellowstone wolves? Not sure how someone as well read and intelligent as him could be so off the mark like that.

Been thinking about that and want to re-listen. I think it needs to be taken with a grain of salt in that he was pretty clear that his brother still gets his elk every year and that the elk have adapted and behaviours are fluid (which is what you hear from guys that kill elk every year). The conversation seemed pretty casual with a couple newbs, who are jokesters, so I don't put too much stock into it, but it did seem a little odd.

I would listen and would expect it to be popular.

My son actually just showed me the other day that my iphone has a little podcast spot already on it. I didn't ever notice that! :eek:

This is part of our continuous information absorbtion and learning cycle now. I enjoy these as on my 3+ hour commutes each month, the radio gets old, and talk radio is un-listenable now. I like to plug in and get something of vaule out of that time, rather than mind numbing windshield time only.

Looking forward to this.

I would love to see a podcast that talks about access and habitat improvement. Those topics may be boring but they are what I am passionate about.

I listen to podcasts daily at work. A lot of outdoors podcasts and some others. Some I cant even mention here, haha. Its a great source of info and entertainment and I actually had thought of doing one a monthly or bi-monthly episode if I could find sponsors, topics, and guests. Hosting is not to expensive depending on the options you can get away with. I keep hearing that the podcast pool of outdoor hosts is still pretty small. So getting in now I think would be a good thing to do and being who you are, you already have a few things going for you and I bet would skyrocket to the top of the outdoor based podcasts. I listen to Bowhunting Freedom, Wide World of Carrie Z, and Big Buck Registry to name a few and will add the Meateater one to me list. Anyways, as for topics, I am sure that there will be many that come up and I can not really think of much at the moment. Guests? Off the top of me head? Dana Gleason, Jonathan Hart, Mark Seacat... Im sure I could type forever if I was not at work.:D

Did you notice Rinella talking about 200 pound yellowstone wolves? Not sure how someone as well read and intelligent as him could be so off the mark like that.

I did hear that, I was a little disappointed. 200 pounds, lol.

The largest one I've seen, which was very large, was maybe 130 or 140 tops. Like a thicker german shephard. I also get a kick out of when a weekend warrior tells me they saw wolf tracks that easily eclipsed their hand...

Personally I would most definitely listen.

I'm not a music on the radio type of guy and always have either sports radio or a podcast on the radio.

I think you'd be surprised at how many listeners would tune in, I think the podcast audience is growing each and everyday and is going to continue to do so.

And I agree with the Meateater crew, what better title for a podcast than "Hunt Talk"?

There are tons of topics that could be covered.

Heck, throw a post up on the forum like you did weekly and you're bound to get some really good hot-button topics to help the process.

That's my .02.

how do we find this podcast?

A show with a spot for the CSEH 2015 would be so funny. You could pull something from the sportsmans issues or fireside threads on any given week and have a good topic or 3

Just finished this test version. Guess we will see how it goes. Topics covered:

> How cool the Hunt Talk crowd is and how good they are at providing topics
> How to become a hunting activist
> The value of local Rod and Gun clubs
> Re-starting the Bull Moose Party
> How I got talked into a podcast
> Politicians taking our public lands
> The Nuge burying the idiot meter at SHOT Show
> The state of hunting media
> The "Green Decoys" BS
> My admission that I am clueless about podcast protocol, so if I step out of line and get fired from TV, hopefully someone has a job for an under-qualified loud mouth.

Where this ends up, who knows. Maybe in the trash can. The two guests were Dan and Janis, both involved in the Meateater TV show and the guys how have been prodding me to do this since they filmed me in Alaska last May. They claim it went great, but I am suspicious that they didn't want to sink my ship before it even left the harbor.

Where do I find out more about "The Nuge burying the idiot meter at SHOT Show?" That sounds like comedy gold.

:D Well now I have to listen. ;)

I'm sure the networks have already destroyed the footage. If that gets out, and it will some day, as too many people were recording with their phones, I hope Nuge has to go to Jim Zumbo for a pardon.

Just finished this test version. Guess we will see how it goes. Topics covered:

> How cool the Hunt Talk crowd is and how good they are at providing topics
> How to become a hunting activist
> The value of local Rod and Gun clubs
> Re-starting the Bull Moose Party
> How I got talked into a podcast
> Politicians taking our public lands
> The Nuge burying the idiot meter at SHOT Show
> The state of hunting media
> The "Green Decoys" BS
> My admission that I am clueless about podcast protocol, so if I step out of line and get fired from TV, hopefully someone has a job for an under-qualified loud mouth.

Where this ends up, who knows. Maybe in the trash can. The two guests were Dan and Janis, both involved in the Meateater TV show and the guys how have been prodding me to do this since they filmed me in Alaska last May. They claim it went great, but I am suspicious that they didn't want to sink my ship before it even left the harbor.

How will the podcast be listed? I just subscribed to the Meateater Podcast--- Have been doing searches looking for yours but nothing found yet.

Back