Final weekend NM ducks

jrabq

Our season ended on Jan 31st, it was a good/great year for me. Hunting was a bit slow on the mighty Rio in January, but made up for it at the big lake down south; which is the location of the first pic below, taken on the 29th. That day was mostly jump shooting and some pass shooting out of my duck boat. Not my favorite way of hunting but it works. Downside is it is literally a pain in the ass sitting in that little boat for more than a few hours. And I had a flock of snow geese sneak up from behind me and I cashed in for my only geese of the year. Had a few shots at Canadas earlier in the year but missed.

Next 2 pics are last AM of the season; almost nothing flying on the Rio but had a pair of mallards and a pair of widgeons decoy well and doubled on both, so a good way to end the year, after some poor and mediocre shooting spells.

My dog just turned 10, some days she is starting to show signs of her age, but not that day. Seems like she was just a pup sleeping in my lap a few nights ago.

Looking forward to next year!:)

Attachments

• P1010839.JPG
    P1010839.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 192
  • P1010843 red.jpg
    P1010843 red.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 198
  • P1010846 red.jpg
    P1010846 red.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 192
jrabq, looks like that 10 year old pup is working just fine for you. Thanks for showing us what the Rio looks like for ducks.

very nice. I love hunting the river. She looks like she's having the time of her life.

Its good to hear someone had a good season.

I've been duck hunting in NE arkansas for the past 10 years hunting public (timber) and private (fields) and this year is the worst year numbers wise I've ever had.

Having said that, I love the time of year, the camaraderie with all my buddies and watching the sunrise for the 20-25 days I get to hunt.

Its now time to clean the mud off of everything and get ready for next year!

Don't have any great pics to share as I didn't take many this year.

20160101_082109.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back